The Euros

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Best team in the tournament won. 

Surprised at how disappointed i am.

But once the dust settles, the country will be pleased they got to the tournament.

Maybe should have practised penalties more instead of wanting to be woke warriors.

That said, if i was Saka i'd come off social media straight away, his life will be hell for a few weeks. 

Don’t think I’ve seen anyone blame Saka yet to be fair.

Unlucky England, such is life. Well played Italy. Feel sorry for the young England boys missing the penalties. 

Hope to fuck Scotland improve. Slightly less tragic rooting for your team in the final stages rather than whoever plays England.:cheers:

1 minute ago, JamieD said:

Dunno why every team doesn't just pick the five most low key, unglamorous players to take their pens. They always score.

You say this, but Belotti, who looked absolutely terrified as he walked up (and more generally looks absolutely terrible as a footballer), took one and missed 😂

Just now, HairyBeary said:

Tbh no it’s not but judging everyone by their Twitter comments from years ago as per Ollie Robinson I think is atrocious. I’m sure u have some peaches thst people could throw up. 

People tried to find ones to throw up, people failed badly. It was a whole thing four or five years ago when I started writing for the Record.

Feel bad for England but Italy schooled them in possession then penalties. Better team won on the night.

The English players have a lot to be proud of. They are a young team who only conceded a handful of goals in the tournament and took Italy all the way to a penalty shootout in the final. 

Just now, TheKingObv said:

Mental how you'll never see a striker stick it in top corner with his laces like Maguire did. In fact defenders regularly seem to be the most confident takers. Weird phenomenon.

Bonucci is unreal. He'd have made an unbelievable Mafia assassin. Ice in his veins.

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

A good born and bred in Manchester... Man City mate sent me this. Made me laugh. 

But some on here have definitely let a mask slip tonight for sure. Cheering on papes is ban worthy tbh. 

IMG-20210711-WA0036.jpg

Don’t talk total shite. You support a club side that had Billy McNeill as a Manager and Neil Lennon as a player. Should you be banned off here?

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Scotland's a country of 5.5 million people where the top 2 clubs barely develop any decent Scottish talent anymore

Just getting to the tournament is a decent achievement tbh. Times have changed from when qualifying was the bare minimum IMO 

Not for the Euro’s it’s not. It’s embarrassing if they miss out on a Euros ever again

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I have to say, Rashford's penalty was the worst I have ever seen in my life. 

Every time someone tries that wide angle run up, stuttery shite, it's just obvious they're going to miss. 

They kind of penalties (especially when you can't do it properly) are my pet hate. If I was a manager I wouldn't play any cunt again that took a penalty like that :headwall:

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Scotland's a country of 5.5 million people where the top 2 clubs barely develop any decent Scottish talent anymore

Just getting to the tournament is a decent achievement tbh. Times have changed from when qualifying was the bare minimum IMO 

Plenty of countries with less population have gave an excellent account of themselves at this tournament and previously. Denmark is a shining example, wonder how many no ball games signs are on fences over there

Just now, The Dude said:

Like Rangers?

I already support Rangers mate. As I said I don't really care much about international football. If I'd had to choose a side I'd have normally chose England but the England team and their manager kept pushing political nonsense which made me go back to being indifferent.

I didn't even watch the full game, just the extra time and penalties.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Like I said get what you vote for. Happy enough to follow the rules in England when it suits them. It’s utterly pathetic and cringeworthy 

Eh? What does that even mean in relation to pubs being allowed to stay open? They would have been allowed to stay open if the final was italy v Denmark too.

4 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Best team in the tournament won. 

Surprised at how disappointed i am.

But once the dust settles, the country will be pleased they got to the final

Maybe should have practised penalties more instead of wanting to be woke warriors.

That said, if i was Saka i'd come off social media straight away, his life will be hell for a few weeks. 

Of the three players who missed penalties, only one is known for any kind of political activism whatsoever, and that is for the thoroughly uncontroversial view that children living in a nuclear-equipped state shouldn't starve. 

An absolute nonsense criticism. They lost because their manager misused his personnel.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Seems to be a new phenomenon. A decade or so ago a centre half taking one was almost a guaranteed balloon over the ball. Now they are the best takers :lol:

Zero fucks given about their technique and how the look when taking it. Run up and fucking rattle it in the corner you pick. Rashford and Sanchos pens were abysmal.

6 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I have to say, Rashford's penalty was the worst I have ever seen in my life. 

Every time someone tries that wide angle run up, stuttery shite, it's just obvious they're going to miss. 

Honestly burst out laughing because he seemed to forget what he was running up to actually do:lol: