The Euros

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Defenders like Chiellini are a dying breed.

All about fancy ball playing defenders with their shitty skin fade hair cuts who want to be doing step overs and little flicks over centre forwards heads these days.

Not enough absolute shithouses who would happily boot their granny ten foot in the air if it meant winning a game anymore and the game is worse for it.

Every team needs a Chiellini 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

All about fancy ball playing defenders with their shitty skin fade hair cuts who want to be doing step overs and little flicks over centre forwards heads these days.

Not enough absolute shithouses who would happily boot their granny ten foot in the air if it meant winning a game anymore and the game is worse for it.

Yep, one of the most annoying things for me watching modern football.

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

There was a tackle he went in for towards the end of regular time where Saka just (sensibly) thought 'fuck that' and let Chiellini smash it into row Z. He'd have been assaulted if he even dipped his toe into the tackle

Glorious and as you say, the game is worse for not having these kind of defenders.

Southgate is coming under a bit if criticism for the penalty takers but when I played, the coach usually asked who wanted one. If one of the better, more senior players like Sterling says no, there is not much he can do.

Saka will have to live with that for the rest of his life but at least he had the balls to put his hand up.

England beat by the better team is all I can say, there's no argument if you look at the games they both played.

Strange tournament tbh, lot of teams I thought would have been outstanding failed and England got through with minimalist changes - that's football 

Just now, bluenoz said:

Southgate is coming under a bit if criticism for the penalty takers but when I played, the coach usually asked who wanted one. If one of the better, more senior players like Sterling says no, there is not much he can do.

Saka will have to live with that for the rest of his life but at least he had the balls to put his hand up.

Let's not fuck about, the players run ups cost england

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We need more Ramos’, Montero’s, Materazzi’s, Stams’ and Chiellini‘s :lol:

Was it Novo who stamped on Materazzi in the CL the year we went to the last 16? 

I remember his scream, enjoyed it because he was such a scumbag but aye 😂

Edit: shocking from me, Novo wasn't even playing, I can't remember who it was 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Was it Novo who stamped on Materazzi in the CL the year we went to the last 16? 

I remember his scream, enjoyed it because he was such a scumbag but aye 😂

Edit: shocking from me, Novo wasn't even playing, I can't remember who it was 

Can't remember that at all. Ian Murray was absolutely fantastic in that game. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not revelling in it, but I don’t see what people don’t understand about people who are tbh.

England are Scotland’s historic rivals and rival fans will always look to rub and revel in just about any defeat.

Look at the best past of the last decade, did you, me, or anybody else who supports us, stop gloating about embarrassing celtic results in cup finals and the champions league even though we were in the lower leagues with an unsuccessful team full of jobbers at the time? 

Going out to George Square, fireworks etc is embarrassing tbf. If we had cunts doing that over Celtic I’d be embarrassed 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not revelling in it, but I don’t see what people don’t understand about people who are tbh.

England are Scotland’s historic rivals and rival fans will always look to rub and revel in just about any defeat.

Look at the best past of the last decade, did you, me, or anybody else who supports us, stop gloating about embarrassing celtic results in cup finals and the champions league even though we were in the lower leagues with an unsuccessful team full of jobbers at the time? 

Not sure I could have even told you their players at that time. 😂