The Euros

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

They aren't though. They've reached a semi and a final in quarter of a century. They reached a final by playing one good team and playing 6 of 7 games at home. They might well become on in the next few years but they aren't there yet.

If fairness you are just being obtuse now, they might have only made 2 in the last 25 years but it has been the last 2 comps so yes they are at the top tier

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can you go in the Saka thread and tell them all to fuck up please, especially the dweeb that said he was their Brandon Barker

I think Saka was out of his depth a little at this tournament.

He was not very good at all last night when he came on, the occasion was just too big for him. Sancho, Foden, Rashford and Grealish are much more experienced and should have been given more opportunities than they got. 

Just now, Essandoh said:

In fairness that’s a lot of shite.

England isn’t a racist country nor is the U.K. as a whole. Knuckle dragging scum taking advantage of the anonymity and indirectness of social media does not mean the entire England support are racists.

I’m unsure how that’s the fault of the FA either. The last thing those players should be doing is let people like that dictate their careers. They clearly love playing for their country and they’ll continue to do so, proudly.

Wait til he finds out about the fella on the part who blamed his own teammate for being racially abused.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was not very good at all last night when he came on, the occasion was just too big for him. Sancho, Foden, Rashford and Grealish are much more experienced and should have been given more opportunities than they got. 

Felt sorry for the boy being put in the position he was 

Just now, The Dude said:

He's a good player but he's not even playing the same game as Pirlo yet. I hate the desperation to label players the Scottish Messi, Yorkshire Pirlo, etc.

Yeah but without being contrary that’s the labels flung about by the media, pundits etc. 

I do think some of it is tongue in cheek, like Shawberto 🤦‍♂️
His biggest challenge will be if he has the bottle to leave Leeds and go to one of the bigger teams and fulfil his potential.

1 minute ago, mus said:

If fairness you are just being obtuse now, they might have only made 2 in the last 25 years but it has been the last 2 comps so yes they are at the top tier

They never won anything in either of them and haven't won a thing in over half a century. Top teams actually win things. Thats why Belgium aren't a top team either - They've won fuck all. Might be number one in the world rankings but have won as many trophies at international level as Scotland have.

Until England actually get over that hump and end 56 years of hurt (and counting) they'll never be a true top team.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wait til he finds out about the fella on the part who blamed his own teammate for being racially abused.

Bonucci?

I was watching that last night thinking he was involved in a bit of a scandal, but sadly that response towards racism in Italy is pretty well received over there.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Had a shocker last night tbf, Chiellini took away his big chance though lol.

Thread on there is annoying me :lol: 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

His shitebag manager threw him under the bus. Terrible decision to make involving the young players. Really expected Rashford to score though.  

Think he was just unlucky tbf , inch to the side and he's a genius 

13 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

In fairness that’s a lot of shite.

England isn’t a racist country nor is the U.K. as a whole. Knuckle dragging scum taking advantage of the anonymity and indirectness of social media does not mean the entire England support are racists.

I’m unsure how that’s the fault of the FA either. The last thing those players should be doing is let people like that dictate their careers. They clearly love playing for their country and they’ll continue to do so, proudly.

Take your point to a degree but, in my experience, the “everyone, anyone” image the English like to portray is a thin veneer for very many of them, especially the further away from the cosmopolitan metropolis.

Maybe if talented black players started saying “sort this or count us out” then these scumbags posting this shite would learn although I doubt it.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They never won anything in either of them and haven't won a thing in over half a century. Top teams actually win things. Thats why Belgium aren't a top team either - They've won fuck all. Might be number one in the world rankings but have won as many trophies at international level as Scotland have.

Until England actually get over that hump and end 56 years of hurt (and counting) they'll never be a true top team.

I'd consider Holland in the top tier over the last 25 years even though they haven't won anything.

Despite the lack of trophies they've been to plenty semis and a few finals and are always considered one of the favourites based on their short and long term history and who has played for them in that time.

Even going into the Euros people still thought they'd do okay and it's probably based off that recent history despite not being in the last two tournaments

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think the key was the 2nd half.

Mancini made early changes and pressed on. Southgate I think did send them out to park the bus and waited too late to make changes that could effect the game. 

Disagree. If that was them parking the bus, they weren't very good at it as Italy got behind them too much. Italy also stopped virtually every attempt for them to get up the park, with ease.