The Euros

4 hours ago, Essandoh said:

If England weren’t included in that list, do you really think people would be putting so much importance on the home advantage?

I’d personally say it’s just being used as another stick to beat England with out of bitterness that they nearly won the whole thing.

Fucking mental mate.....I've heard it all week about this supposed home advantage....the way the tournament was set up teams had games at home.....fuck me the Fucking Jocks who moan about it are the worst considering they themselves had home advantage for what looked like the best games to gain points, the fact is that they fucked up their opportunity of home advantage where England used theirs to make it to the final....as you say using it as a rod to beat them with is pretty pathetic 

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Southgate (and England) came within a baw hair of winning it all. My only criticism was how he handled Grealish & Sancho and his reluctance to change the game after 60min.

It is madness to suggest England are not a good team. 

Actually quite mental how close they came now looking back. For all their attacking talent though that defence was always going to fuck them. Stones and Maguire are fuck all compared to the Italian back 2. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

I was more disgusted by seeing the Tinpot Pirlo kissing his.

Fuck sake give it a rest......Kalvin Phillips isn't running around saying he is the new Pirlo.....the boy has had his first season in the English Premier league which has led to him being a mainstay in a side that reached a major tournament final....if the lad feels proud of that achievement then that's fair enough....I'm quite sure he won't be to concerned about your cheap put downs on a social media platform :lol:

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Fuck sake give it a rest......Kalvin Phillips isn't running around saying he is the new Pirlo.....the boy has had his first season in the English Premier league which has led to him being a mainstay in a side that reached a major tournament final....if the lad feels proud of that achievement then that's fair enough....I'm quite sure he won't be to concerned about your cheap put downs on a social media platform :lol:

I'm sure he won't give a fuck less what I think. If fitba fans were only to discuss things players cared about their opinion on, we'd be silent though and this place would be pretty shite.

Just now, King Jela said:

Actually quite mental how close they came now looking back. For all their attacking talent though that defence was always going to fuck them. Stones and Maguire are fuck all compared to the Italian back 2. 

I know people don't like Mcguire, the person but Stones & McGuire are as good as they come in the game. They conceded 2 goals and one was a long distance free kick.

of course the two Italians are fantastic but imo, not enough was made of Chiellini's blatant cheating foul. With Saka's speed, who's to say what the outcome would have been with the baldy cunt out of position? (I know, you can't give a red card based on it being on the wing, blah, blah)

Instead, he is being touted as a hero. He cheated and was lucky to get away with it.

As a neutral, I really enjoyed the game but I can see why the English would be frustrated with Southgate.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I'm sure he won't give a fuck less what I think. If fitba fans were only to discuss things players cared about their opinion on, we'd be silent though and this place would be pretty shite.

Tbh.....I've just caught up in this thread as I wasn't in here yesterday.....the vast majority of what was getting debated about was shite....glad I missed it in truth :tu:

Just now, bluenoz said:

I know people don't like Mcguire, the person but Stones & McGuire are as good as they come in the game. They conceded 2 goals and one was a long distance free kick.

of course the two Italians are fantastic but imo, not enough was made of Chiellini's blatant cheating foul. With Saka's speed, who's to say what the outcome would have been with the baldy cunt out of position? (I know, you can't give a red card based on it being on the wing, blah, blah)

Instead, he is being touted as a hero. He cheated and was lucky to get away with it.

As a neutral, I really enjoyed the game but I can see why the English would be frustrated with Southgate.

I think Stones is fantastic defender but never been convinced Maguire is anything more than a clown.

Chiellini didn't get away with it, he got penalised to the maximum extent allowed. Those sort of fouls happen in every single game (not quite grabbing the shirt off his back like Chiellinis, but deliberate fouls to stop the play)

It was a really good final though and been one of the best tournaments in a long time imo.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Going to be interesting to see how Bellingham develops in the next few years too.

He’s good at what he does, but I think Rice is very limited, especially at the price he’s being touted for. If I was a Premier League team Phillips would be the one I would want. He’s a lot more well rounded.

Thing is, is it enough now for a CDM to just protect defence and pass it backwards and sideways?

Busquets in Semi final was an absolute masterclass in the ‘6’ position. Receiving it deep and trying to break the lines.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Top sides win things. England's last won a trophy when Harold Wilson was PM and Scot Symon was Rangers manager.

So if England had won they'd be top tier but cause they got to the final then lost one game they're not top tier?

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

How? If the wee boy wants to play mens football he needs to be stronger. Chiellini outmuscled him, end of

Aye you are right. What was I thinking? The wee man skinned him and embarrassed him ffs! End of.

image.thumb.png.393c60fea32b4edf6b1ba4edf01fe10f.png

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

So if England had won they'd be top tier but cause they got to the final then lost one game they're not top tier?

Pretty much. They'd have finally shown they have what it takes to actually win something rather than almost winning something. Top-tier teams win things. Its why Belgium aren't a top-tier team despite being top of the World rankings, it's why Netherlands aren't a top tier team despite consistently doing reasonably well. It's why Portugal aren't a top tier team. Its why Spain aren't a top tier team anymore.

Saying England are one of the top tier teams alongside teams who win things is like saying Hibs are every bit as elite as Rangers or (to a lesser degree) Celtic. They're usually there or there about but never actually manage to win the big one.