The Euros

11 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Breakfast TV was at its worst this morning, every channel full of handwringing cunts, horrified by the behaviour of those England fans and pushing the false narrative that other countries fans are all angels. We are in real danger of having our beautiful game turned into a passionless, sanatised spectacle, devoid of the partisan rivalries that we all love, if these  middle class fannies have their way. 

If folk stopped racially abusing footballers for missing a penalty...

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Wait did somebody fly in to abuse rashford on a billboard in Manchester then fly back out , pesky foreigners

I don’t know what was written on the mural? Do you remember the abuse Beckham got after his sending off. Rashford deserved abuse (obviously not racial) for his arrogance when fucking up his kick.

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

How much of the abuse actually came from England fans? I despise racists but I don’t believe many England fans actually are. 

At least some of it. And that in itself is too much. There was a mural in Manchester damaged. That wasn't pesky foreigners. There was plenty of abuse from England fans. Not all of it.

The idea that a support with a vocal minority who booed their players as they took the knee might contain some racists shouldn't come as a surprise.

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

I don’t know what was written on the mural? Do you remember the abuse Beckham got after his sending off. Rashford deserved abuse (obviously not racial) for his arrogance when fucking up his kick.

Nope. Absolutetly fucking not. Does Tavernier deserve abuse for fucking up a penalty? He's done it enough recently.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nope. Absolutetly fucking not. Does Tavernier deserve abuse for fucking up a penalty? He's done it enough recently.

Fair point, however where was the handwringing when Beckham was getting abuse, or Stuart Pearce or any other players who’ve fucked a penalty shootout. Broadcast media seem to believe bad behaviour at football matches is a uniquely English phenomenon. I don’t recall cries for Brazil , a country where away fans busses have been shot at, not to host the WC. Anyway those lovely decent socially liberal chaps in Quatar will show us how it’s done.

Just now, They Gnu said:

Fair point, however where was the handwringing when Beckham was getting abuse, or Stuart Pearce or any other players who’ve fucked a penalty shootout. Broadcast media seem to believe bad behaviour at football matches is a uniquely English phenomenon. I don’t recall cries for Brazil , a country where away fans busses have been shot at, not to host the WC. Anyway those lovely decent socially liberal chaps in Quatar will show us how it’s done.

There was quite a bit of pushback when there were effigies of Beckham being hung in 98 and I believe someone may even have been charged over it. Tbh, I can't remember the abuse Pearce got. Southgate had nothing compared to what has been aimed at the Black players since the final. Christ, he became such a sympathetic character with the public, Pizza Hut ran ads with him.

There were PLENTY of calls for Brazil not to get the WC and the Olympics. As there were when Qatar were awarded it. You're also forgetting that we're talking about the English media talking about events in England directly involving England fans. Of course they are going to focus more on the behaviour of their own at home at a final.

He thought he was Billy big bollox with his wee shuffle and he fucked it, if your going to dance up to the ball you’d better bury it.

I'm sure  that was his intention. Never happened. He's not the first. Won't be the last. If it went in he'd have been a hero.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm sure  that was his intention. Never happened. He's not the first. Won't be the last. If it went in he'd have been a hero.

What reaction do you think a Rangers player would get if he did the same in a major final

4 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Like I said yesterday he's an inch left of being a genius , misses happen to the best of players 

And when they miss some fans give them abuse. Some of the hysterical shite on match threads on here has Rangers Players getting loads

And when they miss some fans give them abuse. Some of the hysterical shite on match threads on here has Rangers Players getting loads

That's not the same as sending a message to a player and giving abuse directly to him. 

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Breakfast TV was at its worst this morning, every channel full of handwringing cunts, horrified by the behaviour of those England fans and pushing the false narrative that other countries fans are all angels. We are in real danger of having our beautiful game turned into a passionless, sanatised spectacle, devoid of the partisan rivalries that we all love, if these  middle class fannies have their way. 

That's a mental take on the situation :lol: