The Euros

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Actually quite mental how close they came now looking back. For all their attacking talent though that defence was always going to fuck them. Stones and Maguire are fuck all compared to the Italian back 2. 

They lost 2 goals in 7 games. Defence was not the problem 

berkshirebear likes this

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I know people don't like Mcguire, the person but Stones & McGuire are as good as they come in the game. They conceded 2 goals and one was a long distance free kick.

of course the two Italians are fantastic but imo, not enough was made of Chiellini's blatant cheating foul. With Saka's speed, who's to say what the outcome would have been with the baldy cunt out of position? (I know, you can't give a red card based on it being on the wing, blah, blah)

Instead, he is being touted as a hero. He cheated and was lucky to get away with it.

As a neutral, I really enjoyed the game but I can see why the English would be frustrated with Southgate.

Na, the big man's a hero. 

4 hours ago, G13 said:

Having a go about England supporters going on about 1966 while they are harking back to the 14th century? Is this what journalism has come to in Scotland, narrow minded fools. 

Exactly. Sounds like a bitter 14 year old wrote it.

G13 and Bluekev like this

Breakfast TV was at its worst this morning, every channel full of handwringing cunts, horrified by the behaviour of those England fans and pushing the false narrative that other countries fans are all angels. We are in real danger of having our beautiful game turned into a passionless, sanatised spectacle, devoid of the partisan rivalries that we all love, if these  middle class fannies have their way. 

2 minutes ago, don logan said:

Well, if arseholes could refrain from racist abuse, we wouldn't have to endure handwringing cunts on breakfast TV. Simple.

You do know most of the abuse came from outside the UK?

11 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Breakfast TV was at its worst this morning, every channel full of handwringing cunts, horrified by the behaviour of those England fans and pushing the false narrative that other countries fans are all angels. We are in real danger of having our beautiful game turned into a passionless, sanatised spectacle, devoid of the partisan rivalries that we all love, if these  middle class fannies have their way. 

If folk stopped racially abusing footballers for missing a penalty...

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If folk stopped racially abusing footballers for missing a penalty...

How much of the abuse actually came from England fans? I despise racists but I don’t believe many England fans actually are. 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Wait did somebody fly in to abuse rashford on a billboard in Manchester then fly back out , pesky foreigners

I don’t know what was written on the mural? Do you remember the abuse Beckham got after his sending off. Rashford deserved abuse (obviously not racial) for his arrogance when fucking up his kick.

Just now, They Gnu said:

I don’t know what was written on the mural? Do you remember the abuse Beckham got after his sending off. Rashford deserved abuse (obviously not racial) for his arrogance when fucking up his kick.

Wow , what a fucking wee rat you are 

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

How much of the abuse actually came from England fans? I despise racists but I don’t believe many England fans actually are. 

At least some of it. And that in itself is too much. There was a mural in Manchester damaged. That wasn't pesky foreigners. There was plenty of abuse from England fans. Not all of it.

The idea that a support with a vocal minority who booed their players as they took the knee might contain some racists shouldn't come as a surprise.

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Nope. Absolutetly fucking not. Does Tavernier deserve abuse for fucking up a penalty? He's done it enough recently.

• Badger unpinned this topic