Jump to content

The Euros


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Misteral said:

You insinuated that they were not England fans and your beliefs are based on nothing at all. Just feelings, lol. 

I’m not insinuating I’m stating my belief.

tell you what I’ll bet you £100 (for RSEA) the majority of posts from abroad were not from England fans. The truth will eventually come out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Breakfast TV was at its worst this morning, every channel full of handwringing cunts, horrified by the behaviour of those England fans and pushing the false narrative that other countries fans are all angels. We are in real danger of having our beautiful game turned into a passionless, sanatised spectacle, devoid of the partisan rivalries that we all love, if these  middle class fannies have their way. 

You know I'm not a big fan of "woke culture",  but if you're leaning so hard into "anti-woke culture" that you're dismissing legitimate racism, or worried that calling it out is taking the passion out of our game, you might want to sit down and have a wee think.

J-Maestro likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

You know I'm not a big fan of "woke culture",  but if you're leaning so hard into "anti-woke culture" that you're dismissing legitimate racism, or worried that calling it out is taking the passion out of our game, you might want to sit down and have a wee think.

When did I dismiss legitimate racism?

 

of the 850,000 tweets sent during the tournament only 170 were racist, many of these were not from the uk 

ayrshireranger likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I saw there was chat earlier about Chiellinis challenge on Saka. I for one loved it, such a cynical piece of utter shithousery and he only got a yellow. Superb stuff :lol:

He only got a yellow would insinuate it should’ve been a red

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He only got a yellow would insinuate it should’ve been a red

I've seen reds given for similar but there were covering players and Saka was a fair distance from a shooting position so on balance a yellow was about right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Looks like he deleted it, was something about name names ya shitebag.

:lol:

Rancid behaviour.

Regards the Italian defenders cynical foul, it was fucking top notch professional fouling and taking one for the team with the booking. Having the experience to do that is a massive contributing factor to being a successful team whether we like to see it or not.

He's a bastard of a defender, a guy you want in the trenches with you though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Breakfast TV was at its worst this morning, every channel full of handwringing cunts, horrified by the behaviour of those England fans and pushing the false narrative that other countries fans are all angels. We are in real danger of having our beautiful game turned into a passionless, sanatised spectacle, devoid of the partisan rivalries that we all love, if these  middle class fannies have their way. 

I really like you, Gnu, but the stories from Sunday inside and outside Wembley, and before, during and after the final have been ******* horrendous. And I say that as a man who grew up with their fans behaviour for decades. The first Euros I remember was 1980, and they were a vicious mob, and would be for the nest 20 years. Sunday was the worst I have seen them since Euro 2000. And I posted the story of them assaulting a Danish family of mum, dad and little girl after the SF. 

We have been told since 2000 that their hooliganism was dead. Aye?

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, They Gnu said:

When did I dismiss legitimate racism?

 

of the 850,000 tweets sent during the tournament only 170 were racist, many of these were not from the uk 

Over 1,000 tweets deleted after one match - not the whole tournament. It doesn’t say they were all for racist abuse, tbf.

As long as we downplay racism and pretend it’s not that big an issue it won’t go away. A bit more honesty is required - probably starting with our PM and his cohorts. I think the lack of a reception for the England team at number 10 says a lot.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/twitter-abuse-england-racism-euro-2021-b945317.html

 

Twitter deletes 1,000 tweets and condems ‘abhorrent racist abuse’ after England Euros defeat

Tom Rostance1 day ago

Twitter say they deleted more than 1,000 Tweets and condemned “abhorrent racist abuse directed at England players” after the Euros defeat to Italy last night.

The Football Association said it was “appalled” by the abuse aimed at Jadon Sancho, Bukayo Saka and Marcus Rashford and the Metropolitan Police is investigating.

In a statement, the FA said that “social media companies need to step up and take accountability” and on Monday morning Twitter confirmed a number of accounts had been banned.

“The abhorrent racist abuse last night has absolutely no place on Twitter,” a Twitter spokesperson said.

“In the past 24 hours, through a combination of machine learning based automation and human review, we have swiftly removed over 1,000 Tweets and permanently suspended a number of accounts for violating our rules - the vast majority of which we detected ourselves proactively using technology.

“We will continue to take action when we identify any Tweets or accounts that violate our policies.

“We have proactively engaged and continue to collaborate with our partners across the football community to identify ways to tackle this issue collectively and will continue to play our part in curbing this unacceptable behaviour - both online and offline.”

Facebook - which owns Instagram - said it tries to remove harmful content as quickly as possible and encouraged people to use the tools it offers to block abuse.

“No one should have to experience racist abuse anywhere, and we don’t want it on Instagram,” a Facebook company spokesperson said.

Racist abuse of England players condemned by Prime Minister and FA

“We quickly removed comments and accounts directing abuse at England’s footballers last night and we’ll continue to take action against those that break our rules.

“In addition to our work to remove this content, we encourage all players to turn on Hidden Words, a tool which means no one has to see abuse in their comments or DMs.

“No one thing will fix this challenge overnight, but we’re committed to keeping our community safe from abuse.”

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, left winger said:

Over 1,000 tweets deleted after one match - not the whole tournament. It doesn’t say they were all for racist abuse, tbf.

As long as we downplay racism and pretend it’s not that big an issue it won’t go away. A bit more honesty is required - probably starting with our PM and his cohorts. I think the lack of a reception for the England team at number 10 says a lot.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/twitter-abuse-england-racism-euro-2021-b945317.html

 

Twitter deletes 1,000 tweets and condems ‘abhorrent racist abuse’ after England Euros defeat

Tom Rostance1 day ago

Twitter say they deleted more than 1,000 Tweets and condemned “abhorrent racist abuse directed at England players” after the Euros defeat to Italy last night.

The Football Association said it was “appalled” by the abuse aimed at Jadon Sancho, Bukayo Saka and Marcus Rashford and the Metropolitan Police is investigating.

In a statement, the FA said that “social media companies need to step up and take accountability” and on Monday morning Twitter confirmed a number of accounts had been banned.

“The abhorrent racist abuse last night has absolutely no place on Twitter,” a Twitter spokesperson said.

“In the past 24 hours, through a combination of machine learning based automation and human review, we have swiftly removed over 1,000 Tweets and permanently suspended a number of accounts for violating our rules - the vast majority of which we detected ourselves proactively using technology.

“We will continue to take action when we identify any Tweets or accounts that violate our policies.

“We have proactively engaged and continue to collaborate with our partners across the football community to identify ways to tackle this issue collectively and will continue to play our part in curbing this unacceptable behaviour - both online and offline.”

Facebook - which owns Instagram - said it tries to remove harmful content as quickly as possible and encouraged people to use the tools it offers to block abuse.

“No one should have to experience racist abuse anywhere, and we don’t want it on Instagram,” a Facebook company spokesperson said.

Racist abuse of England players condemned by Prime Minister and FA

“We quickly removed comments and accounts directing abuse at England’s footballers last night and we’ll continue to take action against those that break our rules.

“In addition to our work to remove this content, we encourage all players to turn on Hidden Words, a tool which means no one has to see abuse in their comments or DMs.

“No one thing will fix this challenge overnight, but we’re committed to keeping our community safe from abuse.”

 

 

Twitter took down just under 2,000 ,out of 850,000, that were potentially abusive of which 167 were high risk abuse. Not condoning that just trying to get a bit of perspective here. I don’t believe this country has a massive issue with racism. 
my initial post on this had nothing to do with racism rather it was about the “new fans” who only seem interested when it’s a big game and my belief is they’re spoiling the game. I believe fans should still create a hostile atmosphere, we’re constantly told we are the twelfth man after all. Some rushed to conflate this with racist behaviour, similar to what you yourself have thrown out in the past. Sadly FWIW I think ending racism is about as practical as ending rape or robbery, there will always be bad people in society, however that does not mean this is racist country, in fact as attitude surveys prove, we’re the most tolerant country in Europe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 22 September 2021 18:45 Until 20:45
      0  
      Rangers v Livingston
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish League Cup
×
×
  • Create New...