The Euros

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I worked in a leisure centre for years and although I was never in the pool building we all had to be trained in CPR and defib incase there was ever an incident. A few people I worked with have had to use it, one outside of work. A skill that everybody should be taught. 

It should be a mandatory course in high school when you old enough to grasp it.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I worked in a leisure centre for years and although I was never in the pool building we all had to be trained in CPR and defib incase there was ever an incident. A few people I worked with have had to use it, one outside of work. A skill that everybody should be taught. 

There’s such a reluctance in workplaces and communities to give Defib training because “it guides you through it step by step”. That is no substitute in an emergency situation, training is always beneficial 

Just now, DBBTB said:

Didn’t want to even think it at the time but I honestly thought he was dead. He looked lifeless when you seen that shot of his face. Thank god that hasn’t been the outcome.

I thought he was dead when the defib was on my wife was greeting sat there with my hand over my mouth and had to ask my 8 year old to go upstairs 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I actually thought he’d just been hit with the ball from the throw in, like maybe it just hit him at the point and dazed him. Seeing him collapse with nothing around him was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen live in my life

I thought he had rolled his ankle or something

Just now, DBBTB said:

Didn’t want to even think it at the time but I honestly thought he was dead. He looked lifeless when you seen that shot of his face. Thank god that hasn’t been the outcome.

It definitely looked like he was gone, it all happened ridiculously quickly. If they’ve moved him as soon as he was awake and at least breathing he was dead for at least 10 mins. It just flashes back to Muamba as well, I just kept thinking he pulled through after 13 minutes or something just hoping it was the same for Eriksen

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

It definitely looked like he was gone, it all happened ridiculously quickly. If they’ve moved him as soon as he was awake and at least breathing he was dead for at least 10 mins. It just flashes back to Muamba as well, I just kept thinking he pulled through after 13 minutes or something just hoping it was the same for Eriksen

Muamba was dead for something like 78 minutes I believe

Doff my proverbial hat to the Danish medical staff and the paramedics to resuscitate him on the pitch and for the players to witness that.  Horrific viewing and glad he's awake.  Mrs was in floods of tears watching it and singly the worst thing I've ever seen during a live game I've been watching.