The Euros

11 minutes ago, CR3 said:

What’s the politics behind both the Swiss and Austrians against those countries? Don’t really look into other countries/ world politics that much if I’m being honest.

It's not the Swiss and the Austrians, it's that both those nations have large amounts of Balkan immigrants and their descendants.  Croatians, Serbians, Bosnians, Kosovar and Macedonian Albanians, live in both countries in large numbers and both international sides have quite a few players from those backgrounds and there's the history in the Balkans between some of those groups.

In the 2018 WC it was Kosovar Albanians in the Swiss team goading the Serbs and the other day it seems to be Arnautovic, who is Serbian, goading the Macedonian Albanians.

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What an idiot. Here was me saying the other night I quite liked him and all.

Shaqiri and Xhaka made tits of themselves goading the Serbs a couple of years back in the World Cup. I have no idea why these players can’t not put all this shite to one side, especially when they are representing Switzerland and Austria.

Hilariously, Arnautovic means "descendent of an Albanian".

Just now, JamieD said:

Yeah, Arnaut is a corruption of the Turkish word for Albanian. 

My guess is, if the allegations are true, Arnautovic is over-compensating just a tad.

That reminds me of Ahmadinejad waving his ID card about and people realising his family name was Sabourjian, which was a name in Iran reserved for Jewish people.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That reminds me of Ahmadinejad waving his ID card about and people realising his family name was Sabourjian, which was a name in Iran reserved for Jewish people.

:lol: Can't say I'm surprised.

Someone will write an interesting psychology paper on Lenny Murphy Syndrome one day.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

See in the betting world is a shot on target different from a header on target?  Or both still classed as shots on target?  

btw ronaldo is a wank. 

Both considered a shot on target but if you’ve specifically said a header then obviously it needs to be that 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Both considered a shot on target but if you’ve specifically said a header then obviously it needs to be that 

I’ve got two bets one waiting on ronaldo having a header on target and the other waiting as a shot on target.  If he headers one is both bets up?