Scotland’s Euros squad - Patterson makes it

graeme_4

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

They’re the Rangers fans choice in this tournament. As far as im aware everyone on this forum is supporting them 

Why? (Curious)

Not saying anything against it, I have supported England and Rangers all my life (Scottish/English family).

When I lived in Glasgow I was abused every single day for being English (until I inadvertently gained a Weegie accent). I've never experienced more nationalist hatred than my time in Scotland. [Always had a good chuckle at a bunch of lowlanders calling me a Sassonach].  So I am surprised to hear this news.

The fact that I'm pleasantly surprised at the squad tells you how low my expectations were. Glad that Patterson, Gilmour and Turnbull are in, but absolutely baffled as to why Ryan Gauld is continually overlooked.

Happy for Patterson & McLaughlin. The more players we have with at least the potential of playing at the highest level the better.

I don't see Scotland in for the battering people expect. I think the way Clarke sets up, despite loathing the man, is exactly what you need at an International tournament these days.

1 hour ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Just looking at that squad makes me sad. Think of the squads Scotland were assembling in the 60's, 70's,80's. Even the 90's.

Fucking woeful.

That said, good luck to to The Bears in there.

It’s probably the strongest Scotland squad since 2007 when you look at some of the clubs attached to certain players tbh.

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

Fuck that. Living in England and even being half English it'd be unbearable if they won, smug cunts everywhere. Want them to do well enough but get knocked out in the quarters or something.

Be equally bad if you live in cold water Cuba and the snp sporting wing win.  Hopefully they get gubbed nothing against some of the team but the fan base are not nice people.

2 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

They should have offered McGregor a castle to come out of retirement

Are you telling me that there isn't already a McGregor Castle somewhere in Scotland?

4 hours ago, BookWorm said:

Well done young Nathan, I have no doubt him and Gilmour will do themselves proud when picked to play

I've a suspicion they either won't play at all or they will be thrown on last game when no hope of qualifying