The Athletic wiring in too

Probably still going to keep my subscription as it’s only a pound a month and I really like their Serie A and Bundesliga stuff, this makes me glad I don’t read any of their Rangers content though.

22 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No offence, but no idea why anybody would have subscribed to such a shit site in the first place.

That Rangers fan who works for them spoke some amount of shit, will never forget his article on Brandon fucking Barker. :lol:

What did he say?

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Their NBA and NFL coverage is absolutely unrivalled. All of the best Lakers and Giants writers are now employed by them

The NFL coverage is great - same in Chicago, where the best writing on the Bears and Cubs is now on the Athletic rather than in the big two newspapers.

Never really found their football coverage particularly strong - either seems a bit fan based (Jordan Campbell) or from people who seem to have no clue what's going on.

Wouldn't cancel over one misguided article, but also would subscribe for football coverage on it in general, but it's certainly a must for US sport now

36 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

That Jordan Campbell has went very quiet in the last 4 or 5 months. 

Yeah, he had his access for press conferences/direct interviews removed after he slated the club’s slow response to the child sex abuse report a few months back.

Kinda fucks his whole ability to be the ‘designated Rangers reporter with close access to the club.’ Have to say, I thought he was overly harsh. Reaped what he sowed…

8 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Yeah, he had his access for press conferences/direct interviews removed after he slated the club’s slow response to the child sex abuse report a few months back.

Kinda fucks his whole ability to be the ‘designated Rangers reporter with close access to the club.’ Have to say, I thought he was overly harsh. Reaped what he sowed…

Bridges burned during that time. Still writes about the club but more of a review style rather than breaking news.

Think after this the Athletic will find it hard to get access to the club, even after slightly amending the paragraph.

1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

Pathetic.

Not sure we can continue to ban journalists though - need to keep some onside (not that they're helping themselves right now).

I'd suggest that this sort of thing comes as a result of that type of strategy.

Completely agree it's pathetic, though.

13 hours ago, psb07158 said:

https://theathletic.com/2597173/2021/05/19/explained-fallout-rangers-title-celebrations/ 

Subscription cancelled. I'd encourage other fans who have one to do the same.

Once they start this crap it’s time to cancel, definitely they are in league with the wrong people.👍🏻

15 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No offence, but no idea why anybody would have subscribed to such a shit site in the first place.

That Rangers fan who works for them spoke some amount of shit, will never forget his article on Brandon fucking Barker. :lol:

I like the Athletic, mostly because the MSM is dumbed down to fuck and they provide a bit more detail, but I cancelled my subscription today.