Gerrard Inducted into PL Hall of Fame

Broxi

The ex-player to coach thing can be a burden. While he was clearly a massive name, he has always been at pains to point out he must be judged on his managerial achievements now. That said his global name has undoubtedly helped to attract players and also help raise the profile of the club back to where we should be after disastrous years. Because he was never our player I've always tried to forget the previous incarnation of Gerrard and see him purely as a manager but it can't be overstated how outstanding he was as a footballer. The drive, power and commitment he brought to Liverpool and England fortunately has been a feature of his transition to management also. Easily one of the greatest midfielders not only in English but world football over that period. Its massively deserved and i'm sure he'll be honoured as there are some top names in there. 

10 hours ago, superallysbears said:

He's in the top five players to have ever played in the English PL imo.

Alongside Vieira  Lampard, and Bergkamp. and I'd also add that Portuguese guy who played for Man United.