Who was at the Brox the last time we stopped 10?

• Thermopylae changed the title to Who was at the Brox the last time we stopped 10?
1 hour ago, Rmc54 said:

Just noticed that Gordon Smith and Davie Cooper are in this photo, so def not season 1974/75 as stated on the photo, Internet has a lot to answer for.

Well spotted, picture maybe from 77/78 season? Going to annoy me now not knowing exactly when it is from. 

Yep, I should've looked closer when I posted it , I was looking for a photo of John Greig on the chariot ,couldn't see one but saw that photo and didn't look hard enough, although whoever belongs to that photo has def got it wrong with the description . 

5 hours ago, TBagalag said:

Well spotted, picture maybe from 77/78 season? Going to annoy me now not knowing exactly when it is from. 

Last league game 1977/78 season. Just won 2-0 v Motherwell to win the title before completing the treble the following Saturday v Aberdeen

On 22/05/2021 at 14:36, foghorn leghorn said:

I recognise every player, but who's the wee guy on the left holding the kid?

I can't imagine him being allowed dressed like that but it does look like DJ with his World Cup perm .

14 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Yes definitely 👍

Sorry to disagree but  it is the last game of the 77/78 season. Rangers have just beaten Motherwell 2-0 to clinch the title (Peter McCloy in dark top which is red because it is Motherwell) Also in the John Greig Testimonial didn't Rangers wear a special top with writing about the badge?

On 24/05/2021 at 05:52, gmcf said:

I can't imagine him being allowed dressed like that but it does look like DJ with his World Cup perm .

There was an article years ago in the old Follow Follow fanzine regarding this , seems it was just some random supporter who made his way into the photos of the celebrations :lol: An original Karl Power !  A few guys all named the same boy and what bus he went on IIRC .  You can just make out big DJ's perm behind Sandy and Tam Forsyth's arm .

34 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

There was an article years ago in the old Follow Follow fanzine regarding this , seems it was just some random supporter who made his way into the photos of the celebrations :lol: An original Karl Power !  A few guys all named the same boy and what bus he went on IIRC .  You can just make out big DJ's perm behind Sandy and Tam Forsyth's arm .

Aye , looking at it again , I think you're right . There also looks like eleven players in the picture where it looks like Peter McCloy is hiding someone . Tommy McLean or Bobby Russell maybe ? 

On 26/05/2021 at 16:44, Helicopter Sundae said:

Get it on Youtube if it is.

I would need to find a bear to convert it to digital. TBH I just wouldn't trust a tim not to spoil what must be by now be pretty sensitive film  (especially with their hmrc 10 in the bin :lol:)

20 hours ago, gmcf said:

Aye , looking at it again , I think you're right . There also looks like eleven players in the picture where it looks like Peter McCloy is hiding someone . Tommy McLean or Bobby Russell maybe ? 

Its Kenny Watson,that picture is the on the cover of the John Greig Mystory book,its from a different angle and you can see Kenny behind big Peter and Davie Cooper,he came on as a sub that day and the cup final the following week.