European Qualifiers 2021/22

LaaRFC

10 hours ago, LaaRFC said:

This thread explains what our qualification route looks like and who our possible opponents are. 

Guaranteed Group stage football no matter what. 

Definitely some tricky ties to get into the champs league. However at our best I think we could beat all of them over 2 legs. 

Guaranteed group stage football is great for budget planning, as we’re at least guaranteed some additional revenue (although I imagine it’s a small amount if it’s the Conference League). 

We should be able to beat all the Q3 sides for UCL, Q4 looks very tough. We’ll need a fortunate draw and to be at our best to do it. It’s a stick-on for us to draw Slavia isn’t it? 

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Guaranteed group stage football is great for budget planning, as we’re at least guaranteed some additional revenue (although I imagine it’s a small amount if it’s the Conference League). 

We should be able to beat all the Q3 sides for UCL, Q4 looks very tough. We’ll need a fortunate draw and to be at our best to do it. It’s a stick-on for us to draw Slavia isn’t it? 

What seems strange to me is if you go out of the UCL Q3 Champions route you go into UEL PO qualifier but the if you go out in the UCL Q3 Non Champions route you go straight into UEL group stage. 

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

What seems strange to me is if you go out of the UCL Q3 Champions route you go into UEL PO qualifier but the if you go out in the UCL Q3 Non Champions route you go straight into UEL group stage. 

Didn’t know that, seems odd? I imagine it’s because there’ll be sides from “bigger” countries in the non champions route they want to protect. 

Just now, plymouthranger said:

Didn’t know that, seems odd? I imagine it’s because there’ll be sides from “bigger” countries in the non champions route they want to protect. 

Possibly, could also be the way it is structured only 2 teams from that route can make UCL group stage whereas 4 can get through the Champions route. I suspect your theory is probably correct. 

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Just hearing the Champions League music again will be refreshing.

There will be more teams who will fear playing us than the other way around. 

Bring it on!

It will be good to hear but even better if it’s the Group Stages as at that point we’re really back to where we belong 👏🏻👏🏻

17 hours ago, LaaRFC said:

This thread explains what our qualification route looks like and who our possible opponents are. 

Guaranteed Group stage football no matter what. 

Definitely some tricky ties to get into the champs league. However at our best I think we could beat all of them over 2 legs. 

Why can't everyone copy and paste twitter posts rather than links. 

Fed up seeing a shitty link to click on it to be told to sign up to view content