Barry Ferguson

graeme_4

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Here’s Protestant man, arrived to make everything seem more Protestant.

Ian Ferguson was not the same level as Barry and at least spell his name correctly fuck sake 

Obviously means this Iain Ferguson. Surely there’s no way Mr Staunch would spell a player’s name wrong? Not in a pub down PRW anyway 🤷

92A2F6EA-76C4-4AF6-B55C-E716118B096E.jpeg

10 hours ago, ZZed said:

Thought he would have stuck with Kelty or if he moved it would be to someone bigger than Alloa.

Alloa realistically will challenge for promotion next year, if he gets them up he’s in the championship and then he’d likely move again to a bigger side.

I think he’s being quite smart with it, move clubs every 12-24 months until you’re back in the top flight at a big side, with several promotions under your belt. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Here’s Protestant man, arrived to make everything seem more Protestant.

Ian Ferguson was not the same level as Barry and at least spell his name correctly fuck sake 

Ian Ferguson was a very, very good footballer who is underrated by our fanbase IMO. 

Barry Ferguson is the best CM in Scotland since Gazza. 

I had RC on in the car about 18 months ago and nearly crashed when Guidi said he couldn’t decide who was a better player between BF and Brown. 

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Ian Ferguson was a very, very good footballer who is underrated by our fanbase IMO. 

Barry Ferguson is the best CM in Scotland since Gazza. 

I had RC on in the car about 18 months ago and nearly crashed when Guidi said he couldn’t decide who was a better player between BF and Brown. 

:lol:

That’s one of the best topics anyone can bring up, was Brown at his best as good as Barry Ferguson at any stage.

I like to not talk and just listen during that time, you can learn so much about how little someone understands football

It's even more amazing those of a Presbyterian background or a non religious background that  cave in to over zealousness of the Papist Church & or its followers in how they demand children of a Catholic or both are Indoctrinated by stealth or other methods that's where both an Individual of Presbyterian stock or Non Religious should be mindful of .

11 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He obviously had an unbelievable career but Barry doesn't get enough credit for how good he was between 21-25 particularly outside of our fans.

Doesnt get the credit among our fans for how good he was in his second spell either.

He’d lost a yard because of the injury at Blackburn and he wasn’t as dynamic but he could still run a game and dictate the tempo with absolute ease. 

52 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

It's even more amazing those of a Presbyterian background or a non religious background that  cave in to over zealousness of the Papist Church & or its followers in how they demand children of a Catholic or both are Indoctrinated by stealth or other methods that's where both an Individual of Presbyterian stock or Non Religious should be mindful of .

Maybe 50 years ago. The decline in church attendance is across the board and the vast majority don't give a fuck about religion. My daughter attended a non denominational school and there were loads of children at it from "catholic" families. Mainly because it's the closest school to where they live.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

What are you rambling on about mate 

Simply that if you get in tow with a bird  from that background then the chances of any kids being kept away from that upbringing is a fight that needs borne in mind  as influences will be in the background unless you make good on a non Dom school etc be that as an atheist or from a Presbyterian mindset.

If you take Mulraney out of the equation, it still doesn't seem like a good career choice and a stepping-stone to a bigger job.

They just got relegated ffs. Kelty would probably beat them at the moment. Strange choice but Barry has been known to hang about with the other side.

I can't say I will be looking out for Alloa results next season the way I did this year for Kelty.

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If you take Mulraney out of the equation, it still doesn't seem like a good career choice and a stepping-stone to a bigger job.

They just got relegated ffs. Kelty would probably beat them at the moment. Strange choice but Barry has been known to hang about with the other side.

I can't say I will be looking out for Alloa results next season the way I did this year for Kelty.

Jack Ross and Jim goodwin...

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Doesnt get the credit among our fans for how good he was in his second spell either.

He’d lost a yard because of the injury at Blackburn and he wasn’t as dynamic but he could still run a game and dictate the tempo with absolute ease. 

True.

Porto 3-2, Villarreal away, scum 3-0 game at Ibrox in I think October 2007 were three performances from him that stick out but there were plenty.

I just think that in that first spell he was a player that could easily have played at Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea, or somewhere like Italy or Spain not that he'd have ever gone there as there's no chance he could have handled the change in culture.

But for that injury if he'd have wanted it I think he'd have got a move from Blackburn to one of those big clubs.

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He was clearly very good in his second spell in moments but he was head and shoulders the best player in Scotland in 1999-00 and 2002-03 when you still had guys like de Boer, Larsson, Gio etc plying their trade here.

His second spell domestically I don't think he was ever outstanding for long periods against a league that had dropped in quality. I wouldn't have said he was utterly critical to the title wins in 05-06 and 08-09 either which may sound harsh.

9 hours ago, tm91 said:

Barry from 98-03 was incredible. His 02-03 season is up there with the best seasons any Rangers player has ever had.

Some of the reason he probably doesn't get enough credit is because he never really fulfilled his potential. While still a class above on certain days and he obviously had a great career, he was a shadow of what he was from his second spell with us onwards. It's easy to forget the young, dynamic Barry and only remember the far more defensive, side pass version. He was still a good player, but in his early years he was so much better.

Blackburn was the wrong move and the injury he got down there changed him as a player. Spending his later days playing for Blackpool and Birmingham when at 22 he had all the potential in the world and could have went to one of the elite clubs sums it up.

I mostly agree with this.

Blackburn wasn't that bad a move though - they finished something like 6th the season before he joined, and he was playing for someone in Souness that he probably saw as a hero.

Coverage wasn't as wall to wall then but I remember a high scoring Blackburn game V Liverpool where he was the best player on the park by an absolute mile - and I think (thought not certain) Gerrard was playing. 

You're ultimately right that he didn't fulfil his potential though.

The most disappointed I've ever been in him was the Uefa final. Was just desperate for him to have the game of his life and drag us to the win but it just sort of passed him by.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I mostly agree with this.

Blackburn wasn't that bad a move though - they finished something like 6th the season before he joined, and he was playing for someone in Souness that he probably saw as a hero.

Coverage wasn't as wall to wall then but I remember a high scoring Blackburn game V Liverpool where he was the best player on the park by an absolute mile - and I think (thought not certain) Gerrard was playing. 

You're ultimately right that he didn't fulfil his potential though.

The most disappointed I've ever been in him was the Uefa final. Was just desperate for him to have the game of his life and drag us to the win but it just sort of passed him by.

Think he was rumoured to join Liverpool before his injury.