Barry Ferguson

graeme_4

15 hours ago, RFC55 said:

:lol:

Barry is the best Scottish player in about 30 years ffs

He is, but he married a pape is what I said.

The real fergie never married a pape and was also a top player who only left the club when his time playing was up.

5 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

He is, but he married a pape is what I said.

The real fergie never married a pape and was also a top player who only left the club when his time playing was up.

What are your thoughts on Jermain Defoe

7 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fletcher maybe a stronger runner, but yeah definitely Barry had far more quality.

I think nobody outside of our support seems to remember the player he was in his first spell which is a shame.

From listening to the likes of his open goal interview I also think that although he was obsessed with playing and winning for us, he wasn't necessarily obsessed with being the best footballer he could possibly be.

Still some player, but you look at someone like Robertson winning the EPL and Champions League and those are the sorts of things Barry probably should have achieved.

Agreed when I hear him talk it's always about fight grinding it out etc when he really was a technical player. Watching old videos he was significantly worse second spell much slower.

Apparently Kelty are keen on replacing Ferguson with Kevin Thomson. Think he’s got a bright future here but, equally, it might be a good idea for him to get some experience managing senior players. If he does leave us, I could easily imagine him working his way back to a role with our senior squad in time. 

Also: is the Kelty owner one of us? Filling key roles with popular Rangers players from 1997-2010 is exactly what I do on Football Manager. 

9 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Thats not true at all. He left us to sign for Dunfermline. Then he played for another two clubs in Australia. 

1 minute ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

One of the great things about being an old git is when folk go on about the best midfielder in our jersey being Gazza or Ferguson (both good) etc, is to say but I saw Jim Baxter play.:thumbsup:

I'd give everything to have seen Baxter play

9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He stood out like a sore thumb, he was carried by the players around him.

When he played for Scotland he was utter shit bar the odd game.

One of the most overrated footballers ever and how he managed to have the career he did I will never know, then again John O'Shea played a lot at United.

Did the dirty work. Can’t have a team of 11 Ronaldos. 

10 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He stood out like a sore thumb, he was carried by the players around him.

When he played for Scotland he was utter shit bar the odd game.

One of the most overrated footballers ever and how he managed to have the career he did I will never know, then again John O'Shea played a lot at United.

Always thought if he wasn't Scottish he would never have played as many games for them as he did. Alex's wee pet project.

That's him officially appointed.

Still find it strange as if Kelty can keep that team together then they'd surely be favourites for another promotion.

Can only think the money is being pulled a bit from Kelty or Alloa have promised him a decent budget to get back to the Championship. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kelty finishing ahead of Alloa in a few years.

Wish him all the best though. My favourite player growing up.