Scotland at the euros?

Will you be supporting scotland at the euros?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be supporting Scotland?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

To be fair, the way England played Scotland should be raging they didn’t get a win and the best chance of qualification from the groups rather than celebrating a draw.

England have been poor, If I was Scottish I'd be gutted for failing to win that, hopefully Southgate gets hounded after this tournament.

Just now, We Will Follow Rangers said:

England have been poor, If I was Scottish I'd be gutted for failing to win that, hopefully Southgate gets hounded after this tournament.

I think Dean Smith will be the next England manager.

Expected it to be after the Qatar World Cup but if they flop at this tournament I think it might happen sooner than that.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

And hopefully the scumbag elements of the Scotland support get taken to task for their shocking behaviour. I won’t be holding my breath though.

We both know they'll be praised for only the minority causing trouble.

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I wonder if all the people making sarcastic comments about Scotland fans celebrating a result that nobody expected them to get are so raging about it because they are mainly the same people who have been talking about how England would take four or five off Scotland all week :lol:

Never thought that would be the case at all, Scotland have a real sprinkling of quality in their team, no denying the inclusion of Gilmour and to a lesser extent Tierney makes them a much better side and clarke, despite his limitations knows how to make a team hard to beat, also given how unimaginative England are under southgate, and how desperate Scotland would have been to take something from the game I thought it would be close.

Was actually impressed by what the Scots put into the game, their energy levels were immense from the first whistle and with and without the ball they were very well drilled and England simply had no answer.

As for England, Dean Smith, Eddy Howe and even dare I say it even Gerrard will be quoted but they definitely need better than Southgate

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I wonder if all the people making sarcastic comments about Scotland fans celebrating a result that nobody expected them to get are so raging about it because they are mainly the same people who have been talking about how England would take four or five off Scotland all week :lol:

I find that a bit baffling as well. I'm pretty sure if we went down to either Manchester club or Chelsea or Liverpool etc and got that result we'd all be delighted.

In fact we were all delighted when we did the same at Old Trafford.

I'm pretty sure if England won last night their fans and media would be giving them numerous plaudits and kiddy on trophies as well.

29 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

0 goals scored, 0 games won, bottom of the group, almost certainly heading out at the first stage and yet they’re celebrating like they’ve won the tournament and getting messages from the first minister because they drew with England 😂

I can’t stand the way many English supporters look down on our league, but with a mentality like that is it any wonder? Absolutely tinpot.

To be fair the draw still keeps us in the tournament at least. I was expecting England to win 3 or 4-0 but I was surprised they are so crap/overrated. 

12 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Can’t see any way he’ll stay unless he changes his whole footballing philosophy which isn’t going to happen. I genuinely think he’s happy with last nights result, while England fans demand a win Southgates game plan is not to lose.

In a squad with such talent in attack playing such a slow negative game is unforgivable. 

Only making 2 subs out of 5, both like for like shows he never really wanted to go for it, and he pretty much said as such after the game. 

I have watched bits and pieces of the Euros but yesterday was the first time that I watched a full 90 minutes.

I was surprised at how poor England were. As soon as they meet a decent side I expect them to go out. If you play Dykes up front then no surprise when you go 180 minutes without scoring. Scotland looked unbalanced to me. That's down to the manager. Can't see Scotland having the guile to unlock Croatia so that's them out and probably without scoring a goal.

10 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I find that a bit baffling as well. I'm pretty sure if we went down to either Manchester club or Chelsea or Liverpool etc and got that result we'd all be delighted.

I'm pretty sure if England won last night their fans and media would be giving them numerous plaudits and kiddy on trophies as well.

We got plaudits for parking the bus against a reserve Man Utd team.

12 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

If it was a 0-0 that left us on the brink of elimination I doubt many would be delighted tbh

6 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

We got plaudits for parking the bus against a reserve Man Utd team.

Terrible take. You don’t need to play our result down to big up the other. 

Both great performances/team efforts that get a result against a much favoured and more talented opposition. 

Just now, RFC55 said:

Aye Rooney and that play for the reserves 

I still think SAF really disrespected us though. Rooney was a bit off the boil at the time but he played guys like Fabio, Gibson and the Polish goalie.

Scholes, Berba, Nani, Vidic etc were left out.

Just now, G.E.C. said:

I still think SAF really disrespected us though. Rooney was a bit off the boil at the time but he played guys like Fabio, Gibson and the Polish goalie.

Scholes, Berba, Nani, Vidic etc were left out.

So not their reserves?

6 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Can’t see any way he’ll stay unless he changes his whole footballing philosophy which isn’t going to happen. I genuinely think he’s happy with last nights result, while England fans demand a win Southgates game plan is not to lose.

In a squad with such talent in attack playing such a slow negative game is unforgivable. 

Only making 2 subs out of 5, both like for like shows he never really wanted to go for it, and he pretty much said as such after the game. 

Tbf a game v Scotland isnt the bee all and end all of England's tournament, in all likelihood they will qualify as group leaders and march on, so GS is probably correct at being quietly satisfied at the result. The lack of flair and imagination from such a talented group of players though is frustrating as fuck.

The modern day midfielder having a good game it’s miles away from the creating chances scoring goals midfielder of old , Billy Gilmore wanted the ball I’ll give him that at a very young age but he did absolutely nothing with it bar go 5 yards all game 

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

If it was a 0-0 that left us on the brink of elimination I doubt many would be delighted tbh

When you're expected to lose 3/4/5 nil and face certain elimination a draw is a good result. 

The two results yesterday give Scotland a fair chance of going through. 4 points gives Scotland an excellent chance of getting through in 3rd place. 3 points don't do that!

Just now, SIRB_72 said:

When you're expected to lose 3/4/5 nil and face certain elimination a draw is a good result. 

The two results yesterday give Scotland a fair chance of going through. 4 points gives Scotland an excellent chance of getting through in 3rd place. 3 points don't do that!

In tournament football I don't think a 0-0 after losing your opening game is a result to celebrate but each to their own