Scotland at the euros?

Will you be supporting scotland at the euros?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be supporting Scotland?

• Yes
    • No

28 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Have a look at England's qualifying group for the world cup, Albania, hungary, poland and andorra, a scoosh because they are a pot one side and will get  fifa ranking points for doing so and thus continue to be a pot one side, ensuring easy draws and high fifa ranking, does this mean they will even make the semi's at the Euro's ahead of France, Portugal, Belgium or Italy? I dont think so and I'm an England fan, Rankings dont really mean that much, are Croatia really the 5th best in the world right now? are the Belgians the best? doubt it very much.

Beside fifa rankings can be manipulated by playing lesser teams in meaningless friendlies or not playing friendlies at all,  did Rangers manipulate their league position by deciding who they play? no of course they didn't, dumb comparison.

I said "a bit like" there is nuance and subtilty, so not a shock you'd miss that 

The vast majority of qualifying groups are drenched in pish, it's not exclusive to England.... you aren't cracking open some unknown exclusive pointing out that there are shit teams in a qualifying group, 

Italy have Switzerland, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria and Lithuania - baws group 

Portugal have Serbia, Luxembourg, Repbulic of Ireland and Azerbijan - baws group, I could go on... but it would be daft because most know that there tends to be a massive disparity between the 1 seed and the rest, and the chance is there for a 1 seed to rack up a lot of wins, it happens often. 

re Croatia and 5th in the world, sorry wit? 

The likes of England and Belgium in recent years have done far more to merit being closer to the top end of the global rankings and rated a lot higher than others, at the moment nations behind England are countries like Portugal, Italy, Spain and Holland who have been typically patchy and inconsistent in recent years v what England have put together. There isn't actually things to point at to merit them being above England, Holland need to string it together over a period of time, same applies to Italy.  Portugal, I would accept a pretty decent case for them being seen as a stronger side than England, the rest.... not based on evidence. 

The rankings give a far closer indicator of actual results to show a reasoning behind order rather than posts and views like your owns along the lines of "aye Italy and others are are just fucking better than England just because rite" it's just all a bit John Kennedy to me TBH. 

9 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I said "a bit like" there is nuance and subtilty, so not a shock you'd miss that 

The vast majority of qualifying groups are drenched in pish, it's not exclusive to England.... you aren't cracking open some unknown exclusive pointing out that there are shit teams in a qualifying group, 

Italy have Switzerland, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria and Lithuania - baws group 

Portugal have Serbia, Luxembourg, Repbulic of Ireland and Azerbijan - baws group, I could go on... but it would be daft because most know that there tends to be a massive disparity between the 1 seed and the rest, and the chance for a 1 seed is there to rack up a lot of wins, it happens often. 

re Croatia and 5th in the world, sorry wit? 

The likes of England and Belgium in recent years have done far more to merit being closer to the top end of the global rankings and rated a lot higher than others, at the moment nations behind England are countries like Portugal, Italy, Spain and Holland who have been typically patchy and inconsistent in recent years v what England have put together, there isn't actually things to point at to merit them being above England, Holland need to string it together over a period of time, same applies to Italy.  Portugal I would accept a pretty decent case for them being seen as a stronger side than England, the rest.... not based on evidence. 

The rankings give a far closer indicator of actual results to show a reasoning behind order rather than posts and views like your owns along the lines of "aye Italy and others are are just fucking better than England just because rite" it's just all a bit John Kennedy to me TBH. 

Nothing like at all, dumb comparison.

Croatia are currently ranked 5th.

They aren't though because they can easily be manipulated, wasn't that long ago countries like Wales and Romania played hardly any friendly games in the year before FIFA decided the pots for qualifying groups in an attempt to ensure that they were in the highest pot possible. FIFA tightened up on a lot due to these cases but FIFA rankings are still too easily manipulated to be a true reflection.

We'll see on the rest.

1 minute ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Croatia are currently ranked 5th.

They aren't though because they can easily be manipulated, wasn't that long ago countries like Wales and Romania played hardly any friendly games in the year before FIFA decided the pots for qualifying groups in an attempt to ensure that they were in the highest pot possible. FIFA tightened up on a lot due to these cases but FIFA rankings are still too easily manipulated to be a true reflection.

We'll see on the rest.

Why are you lying pal... 

They can't be that easily manipulated TBH and you have literally made that argument in your own post. :lol:

I forget exactly where we were in the European rankings when Gerrard took over. Probably close to 300th yet we made the group stages.

Rankings don't mean a lot. They are dependent on history alone. Which is fair enough as how do you rank an improving team ?

A country or a teams ranking gives them an easier draw but that's it. I think it would make for a better spectacle if there were no pots but simply a random draw.

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Why are you lying pal... 

They can't be that easily manipulated TBH and you have literally made that argument in your own post. :lol:

Yeah was looking at last years. oops.

Wit? I've literally showed how easily they can be manipulated and given examples of how they have been.

35 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Yeah was looking at last years. oops.

Wit? I've literally showed how easily they can be manipulated and given examples of how they have been.

Mate, you literally don't even know what year it is. :lol:

:confused: by referencing examples that were used to force rule changes 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Croatia are ranked 14th. :lol:

England have beat Croatia, Spain and Belgium in competitive matches since the last world cup. Let's not act like they have only beat weak sides.

In the same period Spain have only beat England, Croatia and Germany rest have been weaker sides.

The only side of note Germany have defeated was Holland with a 90th minute winner. Again wins against weaker sides.

Brazil it's only Argentina and Uruguay.

Let's not act like England only play minnows and that is why the are high in the rankings, all the sides play poor sides that helps their ranking. The only country since the WC with better results against stronger sides is France. 

There's a reason why Germany are down in 12th, they went out of the group stage of WC and have lost to the likes of Macedonia at home in WC qualifiers. They also only managed 2 wins in 6 in a group that contained Ukraine and Switzerland. 

Who could forget the Boys of Betis? It's not like Martin Tyler didn't go on about it every Premiership match for an entire year :lol: 

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It wasn’t all out attacking football either, that would have been madness and it’s his preferred game plan.

We shall see over the coming months how he sets his team up. But all out attack is a recipe for disaster with the players he has at his disposal.

1 hour ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

:lol:

I'm English, why the fuck would I support Scotland?

Why would I even wish them well after all their fans hate me both for being English and a Rangers supporter.

You should probably support England mate, people usually support their country of origin. Support Italy or Spain if it makes you happy.

😂 I don’t hate you for being English or a Rangers supporter.

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think Scotland have been defensive in either game. 

They were very direct but Adams and Dykes linked up well. More than matched England’s midfield and kept possession well.

1 minute ago, Bigdave30 said:

I really don’t want to surrender the national team and flag to they cunts and that’s where the buck stops for me.

I won’t let wee republican tramps make me feel like I should be ashamed to be Scottish.

We are on the ascendancy and I look forward to more young Scottish talent coming through our ranks and making the national team more blue.

5943FA33-6203-4357-94B1-75ED0F57FC98.png

Note the difference in the saltire to the blue in the union flag .

The Natz have bastardised the saltire in recent years .They have forced a lighter shade of blue into it to make it differ from the union flag .

Petty childish cuntz