Barjonas released.

esquire8

13 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I have seen so many amateurs from my own playing days to Rangers prospects who had so much potential but can't make it to the next stage. Gerrard will have seen him in training everyday and has come to this conclusion. Sad to see but it is the harsh reality of the trade. At least Jamie Barjonas got to live all of our dreams. Good luck to him.

In today's game, you must be totally committed. Players like Gerg Docherty have to work so hard to make it and from all reports, Stephen Kelly is very dedicated.

And then this morning I saw the Jason Cummings video. So much wasted talent and finished at 25.

Hes hardly finished 🙈😂😂

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

I think that’s part of the problem, in hindsight it would have been better for him to go out and get game time for the last 2 years, but he was needed as back up for the back ups. That’s probably hindered his progress

He has been on loan at Raith, Partick, and Ayr without making much impression so maybe lower Scottish Championship or League 1 could be his level.

12 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

He didn’t give it his best shot. 

How do you know that? :lol:

You can get your hardest, but hard work will only take you so far in a game that also requires talent.

If you aren’t good enough then you aren’t good enough. It doesn’t mean you haven’t given it your best shot.

53 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

How do you know that? :lol:

You can get your hardest, but hard work will only take you so far in a game that also requires talent.

If you aren’t good enough then you aren’t good enough. It doesn’t mean you haven’t given it your best shot.

He may be talking about Cummings rather than Barjonas?

29 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He may be talking about Cummings rather than Barjonas?

Even then did he really not try his best? 

He had a decent loan spell with us in a stinking team, under a stinking manager and was never brought back. 

Personally speaking, I think if Cummings has stayed under Gerrard he would have ended up being incredible for us.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Even then did he really not try his best? 

He had a decent loan spell with us in a stinking team, under a stinking manager and was never brought back. 

Personally speaking, I think if Cummings has stayed under Gerrard he would have ended up being incredible for us.

There was some chat at the time that his attitude was poor.

Jimmy Nicholl gave an interview on Rock Sport about a player that he had a run in with over application in training who he felt was wasting his ability. Was highly speculated on at the time he was referring to Cummings.

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Patterson already is good enough to play for us. If he keeps developing at the rate he is he will be moving to a much better league in no time 

Listen mate he looks an outstanding prospect and I’ve yet to see him have a bad game, but it happens to them all, and couple of bad games as a young boy and you can find yourself back to square 1.

put it this way if he stops developing he WONT make it at us, if he keeps developing, of course he could move to a better league but it won’t be for a long time yet IMO so plenty of time to see if he comes to fruition and if he outgrows the league (big statement to make) then he goes an we get a big fee, win win for everybody

57 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Listen mate he looks an outstanding prospect and I’ve yet to see him have a bad game, but it happens to them all, and couple of bad games as a young boy and you can find yourself back to square 1.

put it this way if he stops developing he WONT make it at us, if he keeps developing, of course he could move to a better league but it won’t be for a long time yet IMO so plenty of time to see if he comes to fruition and if he outgrows the league (big statement to make) then he goes an we get a big fee, win win for everybody

What are you talking about? We have already reached a stage in his development where he can easily step in for Tav.

People were literally debating what we do next season when both are fit because Patterson is too good to sit on the bench.

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

Patterson is already at a decent level and will improve so not sure why he’s being discussed 

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What are you talking about? We have already reached a stage in his development where he can easily step in for Tav.

People were literally debating what we do next season when both are fit because Patterson is too good to sit on the bench.

He’s played a handful of games, and not had a bad one yet, we agree on that, but trust me, gerrard isn’t planning to sell tav anytime soon because we have Patterson 

It’s not Patterson is too good for the bench mate have a word with yourself ffs, but it could stifle his development, if he is kept on the bench next year, there’s a difference 

We have the best right back in the league and it’s not Patterson, I wouldn’t even mind the statement we have the best young rb in the league to cover for the main man but if he goes anywhere we won’t have that, it’s a hard one with Patterson due to his level of promise but I’d rather he was playing second fiddle to tav just so we have him if we need him

3 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Patterson is already at a decent level and will improve so not sure why he’s being discussed 

That’s not the issue mate the tread kinda went off topic, I compared the difference to the obvious talent between someone like barjonas compared to a more noticeable talent like Patterson 

10 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

He’s played a handful of games, and not had a bad one yet, we agree on that, but trust me, gerrard isn’t planning to sell tav anytime soon because we have Patterson 

It’s not Patterson is too good for the bench mate have a word with yourself ffs, but it could stifle his development, if he is kept on the bench next year, there’s a difference 

We have the best right back in the league and it’s not Patterson, I wouldn’t even mind the statement we have the best young rb in the league to cover for the main man but if he goes anywhere we won’t have that, it’s a hard one with Patterson due to his level of promise but I’d rather he was playing second fiddle to tav just so we have him if we need him

Some were saying Patterson was better than Tavs last season. Crazy talk. He is a great back up though. He will get game time through squad rotation playing for Scotland and in the cups.

We need at least two players for every position. Loaning Patterson out to get him game time would be an act of extreme folly. 

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Some were saying Patterson was better than Tavs last season. Crazy talk. He is a great back up though. He will get game time through squad rotation playing for Scotland and in the cups.

We need at least two players for every position. Loaning Patterson out to get him game time would be an act of extreme folly. 

Wee man will end up a star but he's not at tavs level now.

Mind mate cunts had gasporroto at elite level on here :lol: