Please Read - Help a Bear Out

Clemdog

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

Thnx to everyone this will make a massive did for the wean. Genuinely still can't thank each and every single one of u guys enough

How you getting on with the council mate? Any further with they cunts sorting your bathroom out? Hopefully they do and sharpish and you can treat the kids to something nice with this.

47 minutes ago, stevemac said:

How you getting on with the council mate? Any further with they cunts sorting your bathroom out? Hopefully they do and sharpish and you can treat the kids to something nice with this.

Still waiting to hear back, they done an asbestos check then came back out to check the floorboards in case any rot had set in but still eaiting to hear back from them. I'm sure they said the report would be back for this Monday. Guess it's just a case of waiting for them to get in touch

This was posted on FF.

Is this down to the council or Airdrie HA? If AHA then they can get seperate funding for stage 3 adaptations from Scot Gov which would provide money for repairs to batbroom. The OT should be getting a Priority 1 referral in for this. Whilst covid may have held this up there are now now restrictions and stage 3 works have recommenced. 

They also mentioned in a latter post it shouldn't matter if it's the council or your Housing association thats responsible you sholud still be able to apply for it. 

Another poster mentioned the George and Annette Bell charity fund ,they are a charity fund set up in airdrie by a local company Bell decorators to help the community. 

33 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

This was posted on FF.

Is this down to the council or Airdrie HA? If AHA then they can get seperate funding for stage 3 adaptations from Scot Gov which would provide money for repairs to batbroom. The OT should be getting a Priority 1 referral in for this. Whilst covid may have held this up there are now now restrictions and stage 3 works have recommenced. 

They also mentioned in a latter post it shouldn't matter if it's the council or your Housing association thats responsible you sholud still be able to apply for it. 

Another poster mentioned the George and Annette Bell charity fund ,they are a charity fund set up in airdrie by a local company Bell decorators to help the community. 

It's North Lanarkshire council however the OT never actually acknowledged the case until last Monday I believe and all I had was a quick 2 min call saying they had out the recommendation into the housing office.if u go thru the Scottish government it's called something but I can't remember the name but is quite a drawn out process and could take months upon months to go thru the whole process unfortunately 

Never heard of that charity or company before TBF.

If possible could u give the guys on FF a big thank u as well from myself please, would really appreciate it

6 hours ago, dougie76 said:

I had a look at the charity and it's main aim is about fitness, wellbeing and reaching your potential, not sure if they can help but it's worth a try, here's their details;

http://www.georgeandannettebellfoundation.co.uk/george-and-annette-bell-foundation/our-mission-aims/

George and Annette Bell Foundation

Bell Business Park

Rochsolloch Road

Airdrie

ML6 9BG

01236 766878

enquiries@georgeandannettebellfoundation.co.uk

Will let the guys on FF know mate👍

You might also want to try the Scottish welfare fund and explain your situation, their number is 0141 276 1177.

http://www.mygov.scot/scottish-welfare-fund

You should qualify for either the crisis grant or the community care grant.

Cheers for the info, didn't realise I could apply for that stuff if I was working??

Forgot to mention it would probably be worthwhile contacting your local MP, they can't be contacted by phone at the moment but you can send them an email and let them know your situation. 

https://members.parliament.uk/member/4917/contact

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anum_Qaisar-Javed

Canny find her local office contact details, all l can find is your last MPs, maybe it's the same and they haven't got round to changing it over yet?

Neil Gray MP (Airdrie & Shotts)

Government office in Airdrie, Scotland

Airdrie Business Centre, 1 Chapel St, Airdrie ML6 6GX

01236 439630.