Please Read - Help a Bear Out

Clemdog

15 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Yes of course I will. Off tomorro for her lumber puncture and spinal chemo but hoping she won't need it for another 4 weeks if all goes to plan and she has good blood counts that way she can have most of her chemo at home

Hope all goes well with this stage of treatment mate. 🙏

7 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

@rabc10000 Had a read through the story on the gofund me page mate. 

I honestly need to stop and admire you and the strength you have. Sometimes i feel upset about my life and think i am hard done by but the inspiration you have gave me i have never felt before.

How long is the page up for mate as i am moving banks etc and don't have access to online banking but would love to make a little donation hopefully by the end of the week once things are sorted ill share it on my social media also. Take care mate and your wee one will kick its fucking arse 👍👏 thats what us Rangers family do. 

I was gonna leave it up for a couple of weeks. I'm the same I don't really have a right to complain when it's not myself who has to go thru the countless operations and chemo etc so I feel lucky that way

13 minutes ago, trueblue 64 said:

Thoughts are with you in your fight against this horrible disease. Lost my 33 year old wife to it and was left with a 3 year old and 2 teenage stepsons at 50 year old. Donation heading your way, stay strong mate.

It was seven years ago and they've made huge strides since as I always keep an eye on developments. She would have got cured today.

Sorry to hear that I can relate to that. Its a cunt of a disease. My wife's cancer was cervical cancer but the actual type was called small cell iirc and apparently its one of the most aggressive types of cancer and very hard to treat. She went from diagnosis to passing in less than 6 months. 

6 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Sorry to hear that I can relate to that. Its a cunt of a disease. My wife's cancer was cervical cancer but the actual type was called small cell iirc and apparently its one of the most aggressive types of cancer and very hard to treat. She went from diagnosis to passing in less than 6 months. 

Are you a north Lanarkshire council tenant mate or a housing association 

1 minute ago, In walter we trust said:

Are you a north Lanarkshire council tenant mate or a housing association 

Its North Lanarkshire Council. 

Just today I've learned that apparently the council do not fit wet rooms and walk in showers, I apparently need to apply to something called capital investment but its a rather lengthy drawn out process. 

Should find out more about this tomorro as we have a other appointment with the O. T in hospital

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Its North Lanarkshire Council. 

Just today I've learned that apparently the council do not fit wet rooms and walk in showers, I apparently need to apply to something called capital investment but its a rather lengthy drawn out process. 

Should find out more about this tomorro as we have a other appointment with the O. T in hospital

The council do fit wet rooms, these are approved by OT and the council carries these out via the local contractor. Your hospital OT will be able to make referral to the local social work OT department, they will assess and appoint a priority I’m sure she will meet the criteria.

the council re commenced routine repairs as of the 26 April , it should not be a problem getting the bathroom repaired in the meantime. Who did u phone.

17 minutes ago, In walter we trust said:

The council do fit wet rooms, these are approved by OT and the council carries these out via the local contractor. Your hospital OT will be able to make referral to the local social work OT department, they will assess and appoint a priority I’m sure she will meet the criteria.

the council re commenced routine repairs as of the 26 April , it should not be a problem getting the bathroom repaired in the meantime. Who did u phone.

The local housing office passed me to maers and some guy a technical advisor/officer phoned me back. Then another guy John also phoned back to inform me that it would need to be capital investment I would go thru for a wet room to be fitted 

34 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Small update. 

Was offered some great advice and ultimately great help today. 

Turns out that airdrie OT have had the details since early February and have never followed up on the case.

Wont post names unless they wish to do so themselves however it now looks like things may well be moving forward with hopefully a resolution in the next few weeks. 

Only thing I'm very concerned with is the head of the Oncology department has "expressed great concerns" and doesn't believe toni should be living at home while the bathroom is in the state it is which worried me hence why we left hospital early today and will head in tomorro for her lumber puncture as usual. 

That’s great news mate, Hope it all goes well for you and your family.

2 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Small update. 

Was offered some great advice and ultimately great help today. 

Turns out that airdrie OT have had the details since early February and have never followed up on the case.

Wont post names unless they wish to do so themselves however it now looks like things may well be moving forward with hopefully a resolution in the next few weeks. 

Only thing I'm very concerned with is the head of the Oncology department has "expressed great concerns" and doesn't believe toni should be living at home while the bathroom is in the state it is which worried me hence why we left hospital early today and will head in tomorro for her lumber puncture as usual. 

Hopefully these concerns can be shared with the OT so they pull their fucking fingers out and get you sorted ASAP mate. Keep your chin up pal.