Nicola Sturgeon would not help insolvent Rangers, says ex-administrator David Whitehouse

Boybluesy

I'm not sure if anyone posted this.  I didn't know that she was approached at that time.

He (David Whitehouse) told Lord Tyre in the Court of Session: “We got short shrift when we approached her. She said ‘we can’t be seen to be biased'."  

I know she doesn't give two fucks about our club, but I didn't know for how long. 

6 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

I'm not sure if anyone posted this.  I didn't know that she was approached at that time.

He (David Whitehouse) told Lord Tyre in the Court of Session: “We got short shrift when we approached her. She said ‘we can’t be seen to be biased'."  

I know she doesn't give two fucks about our club, but I didn't know for how long. 

She would have been Deputy First Minister assuming that was 2012

10 minutes ago, MidSussexBlue said:

Was it necessarily bailing Rangers out.  It could have been a statement such as "we think  Rangers are being dealt with unfairly due to pressure from certain quarters" (no laughing at the back). At the time we seemed to have no allies, so even a short sentence like this could have provided some succour.

I get your point and more or less agree with it. The thrust of my arguement was that government had no role to play yet did. To our detriment.

Of course the government have a role to play. They've done so often enough as I've pointed out, not least during the commonwealth games when there was significant investment on the other side of the city.  We were talking about jobs, livelihoods and communities.  The last 18 months it has become clear she is an enemy of our club, not neutral.  For ten years this was below the radar.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We aren't a significant employer for a start but are you seriously suggesting that public money should have been spent on bailing out a football club?

You acknowledge that the ferries are a fiasco but would be happy to have us owned by the Scottish Government and our board members appointed by a Scottish Government minister?

Owned ? No I don't think so.  Does SG own Liberty, who received hundreds of millions ?  We directly employ a significant amount of staff and directly and indirectly invest millions in the Scottish economy. Our fans follow us overseas, our fans buy merchandise by the boatload, the investment on and around the park is in the multi-millions as we speak. 

39 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Owned ? No I don't think so.  Does SG own Liberty, who received hundreds of millions ?  We directly employ a significant amount of staff and directly and indirectly invest millions in the Scottish economy. Our fans follow us overseas, our fans buy merchandise by the boatload, the investment on and around the park is in the multi-millions as we speak. 

The Scottish Government backed Liberty with an enormous amount of guarantees over the financing of their deals. This exposes taxpayers to an unacceptable level of risk, but it also gives the Scottish Government control over the operation of their business if they wished to exercise it. In our case we probably owed a significant amount of money to HMRC. How in good conscience can Ministers lend or guarantee money to repay something that is effectively withheld from the Government in the first place? It makes no sense, besides from the fact any £ loaned to a football club is one less £ that can be invested in health or education.

Your point about investment on and around the park 'as we speak' is testament to the fact the Scottish Government didn't need to step in. The club eventually recovered naturally due to demand of its supporters. The reason why Ferguson Marine, Liberty and others have received special help is because they would die and never come back.

I bet the soap dodgers across the city would have got national treasure status from wee nic and a big fat cheque to go with it ... the truth is it happens with the big 2 in Spain all the time but the nats probably knew that timothy would never have forgiven them if they had helped us out 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

:lol: 

What were they going to do? Take us into public ownership like Ferguson Marine?

I don't think they were asking for public money but asking if there was anyway that she can help.

It's  normal for MP's to help struggling business, organisations, charity's or individuals if they can.

Is she not the MSP for that area of Glasgow, if so she should of been duty bound to help.

I presume she didn't want to help as she thought it might cost her votes from Rangers haters.