Borna

Raligt

My hero. I compared his left foot to our best since Albertz after his first game against St Mirren at Ibrox and he proceeded to be absolutely shocking for 6 months after that. Took some amount of stick on the RSC and in whats apps for it🤣. About the only thing I’ve got right in 3 year

Both Tav and Borna are integral to the way we play. Remember the pre Borna days. All our attacks came from the right. We had little or nothing coming from the left. Borna gave us balance.

In Patterson we have a replacement (in time) for Tav. Hard to think of a replacement for Borna that we already have on the books. 

I am just greedy in that I don't want any of the current first team regulars to go but if needs must there are others I would let go first.

51 minutes ago, Raligt said:

Fuck off :lol: rest of the league are miles off him.

looks like they changed it

After a difficult start to his Ibrox career the Croatian international has established himself as the best left-back in the division and a key part of Steven Gerrard's side

It is amazing how our Club get's under the skin of so many payers, and especially once they win a title. :cup:

I am sure it is a lot stronger because of the last ten years, but the affection so many of us have for so many players now is wonderful.

:alfie:

1 hour ago, Raligt said:

Barisic - "That club is unique. When it creeps into your heart it stays there forever. I can just say I love Rangers. Honestly”

Rangers star Borna Barisic has declared his deep love for the club as he refused to even discuss the possibility of leaving.

After a difficult start to his Ibrox career the Croatian international has established himself as arguably the best left-back in the division and a key part of Steven Gerrard 's side.

Barisic bagged four goals and eight assists in all competitions as Rangers won the Premiership for the first time in a decade and enjoyed a fine Europa League run.

The likes of Roma have been linked with a move for the 28-year-old and with the club looking to move toward self-sustainability through player trading it's been suggested he may be a prime candidate to be sold in the summer.

But in an interview in his homeland Barisic was only interested in talking about his love for Rangers.

Asked if he'd formed an emotional tie the defender said: "How could you not?

"That club is unique. When it creeps into your heart it stays there forever. I can just say I love Rangers. Honestly.

"Offers are normal in football but when I talk about the club and the fans, it is a big wonderful family. They totally won me over.

"I had bad times too, we didn't win the league for the first two seasons. But now that I see how full their hearts are, that sincere joy and love for the club, it's fantastic.

"I don't like to talk about the coach (Gerrard). If I saw a lot of nice words then people could say, 'there he is sucking up to the manager'.

"Many ask me about him, but let others talk about him.

Barisic was then pressed over whether he wants to play in one of Europe's top five leagues.

He admitted: "Of course, far be it for me to say no.

"But I can't comment on anything, I have a contract for another two-and-a-half years, we will see what the future will bring."

https://BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-transfer-news/borna-barisic-hints-extended-Rangers-24202701

Fuck off :lol: rest of the league are miles off him.

I’m not sure mate. That wee lassie played for AC Milan remember. 

It's incredible to see the change in mentality from him from when he came. I was so buzzing when he arrived but he really struggled to fit the jersey. And the guy to admit his performances were not good enough after the infamous Liverpool game. The goal against St Mirren completely changed him and he's one of the best left backs in Europe. A thing I think that is overlooked is his team mentality. I recall in Dec'19 when we won at Parkhead, when celtic equalise, he's the guy rallying the team to push on and fight back. Even things like giving Itten a penalty against Antwerp to get his confidence back is a measure of the guy. Love him and buzzing to see him in the Euros. 

19 minutes ago, 2daludaludalu said:

Best left back since Sasa, maybe not as good a defender as Papac, but overall with what he brings attacking wise and his set pieces, overall he's up there.

He has surpassed Papac now IMO.

As you say, Papac was a better defender, and fitted Walter's style of firing converted centre halfs into the full back rolls.

As a player, Borna is considerably ahead of him now though.

38 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He has surpassed Papac now IMO.

As you say, Papac was a better defender, and fitted Walter's style of firing converted centre halfs into the full back rolls.

As a player, Borna is considerably ahead of him now though.

A footballer yes definitely but he’s not ahead in terms of his contribution to Rangers.

Papac won three league titles on the trot, helped take a team to a European final and won two Scottish Cups and three League Cups. 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

People on here wanted Flanagan ahead of him at LB as well.

Forgot all about Flanagan. The people would have been right at the time though, as Borna said there have been tough times too. He was mince for a while.

55 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye but Flanagan had absolutely no left foot, he was barely good at defending and abysmal going forward.

That to me only shows just how Borna was at times. He looked unsettled at the time but no point going over his bad times, he has done plenty to redeem himself and become a firm fans favourite.

Loved him early doors and then lost faith tbh. Had given up on him after Killie away I think, but he massively sorted himself out and the money we paid now looks a steal.  Has become a bit of a favourite for me, think he gets it now and actually see some leadership potential at times. 

His assist for Morelos against Porto was genuinely world class. 

The contribution our full backs make to our team will be the envy of many teams in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Voted the best left back in Europe by UEFA but can't get in the best team in Scotland. Laughable.

It is total comedy. How can anyone seriously say that Doig is a better player than Barisic. On that matter, I honestly still can't see any compelling reason why our unbeaten Championship team doesn't make then entire SpL XI 

6 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

It is total comedy. How can anyone seriously say that Doig is a better player than Barisic. On that matter, I honestly still can't see any compelling reason why our unbeaten Championship team doesn't make then entire SpL XI 

we all know the reason it wasn't