*****Official 21/22 CL Qualifying Thread*****

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

We are qualifying for the groups ive got absolutely no doubt in my mind. 

Can't see it myself with the teams we could face in the play offs. 

The tarriers seem to have an easier route from what I've seen on Twitter funnily enough. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can't see it myself with the teams we could face in the play offs. 

The tarriers seem to have an easier route from what I've seen on Twitter funnily enough. 

They have absolutely no chance. Probably won't get through the first round but they'll get a Benfica, Shakhtar or Monaco in the final round if they do

Bad Robot likes this

Again based on the perception the highest seeds advance, our Q4 opponents would be the following;

Salzburg, Zagreb, Slavia Prague or Olympiakos.

Would be ideal if one of the unseeded teams caused an upset in Q3 against one of latter 3 and we played a Malmo or Warsaw in Q4 instead.

GabrielTomato likes this

It will be difficult but I have a lot of faith in our preseason work and preparation.  We tend to come out of the traps really well.

We have every chance.

I also think we could have beaten Slavia earlier in the Europa, we ran out of steam a bit and lost bodies in midfield.

With our current squad i am confident we will make the group stages.  I emphasise current squad, all fit and raring to go.

If we lose a couple of key players I will revise my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

With our current squad i am confident we will make the group stages.  I emphasise current squad, all fit and raring to go.

If we lose a couple of key players I will revise my opinion. 

A reckon we will see 1 maybe 2 in by then to strengthen the squad. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Slavia beat us comfortably.

we hung on for a draw over there and when they scored at Ibrox they cruised to victory.

Sorry mate but this is a load of nonsense and nothing like what occurred.

Apart from the screamer and the McGregor wonder save, what chances did they create?

You're forgetting their keeper pulled off a cracking save from Kent or Goldson missed a free header!

We had as many chances as they did in Prague..

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Slavia beat us comfortably.

we hung on for a draw over there and when they scored at Ibrox they cruised to victory.

I would have said it was a bit closer than that but would still like a few in to strengthen the team if we can afford it.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sorry mate but this is a load of nonsense and nothing like what occurred.

Apart from the screamer and the McGregor wonder save, what chances did they create?

You're forgetting their keeper pulled off a cracking save from Kent or Goldson missed a free header!

We had as many chances as they did in Prague..

They played us off park first half in Prague.

We had a 10 minute spell in second half but that was about it.

The game at Ibrox once they scored they were comfortable   and we never looked like getting back in tie.

BridgeIsBlue likes this

14 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Personally don’t think we got close to Slavia.  Obv will be tweaks to both squads but wouldn’t be too happy seeing them again. 

They were a better team than many expected but we were not at our best over those two legs, second one in particular there was a hangover from the league being won clearly  

Juniorsparkie likes this