*****Official 21/22 CL Qualifying Thread*****

12 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Our potential Q4 opponents.

Salzburg

Zagreb/Legia Warsaw

Racist FC/Ferencváros

Olympiakos/Ludogorets 

Can't see us qualifying and I've said it from the start with the teams we could potentially face. 

Stranger things have happened though. 

Essandoh likes this

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can't see us qualifying and I've said it from the start with the teams we could potentially face. 

What makes you think that way mate?  We’re a good team. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I think almost every tie there would be 50/50.

Salzburg aren't as good as they were previously

CR3 and Rangers_no1 like this

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

What makes you think that way mate?  We’re a good team. 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

I think almost every tie there would be 50/50.

Salzburg aren't as good as they were previously

Kamara and Roofe's suspensions will hinder us massively. 

If we don't make it it's not the worst thing in the world, all about winning the league this season so we can automatically qualify for the following campaign. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Kamara and Roofe's suspensions will hinder us massively. 

If we don't make it it's not the worst thing in the world, all about winning the league this season so we can automatically qualify for the following campaign. 

Fair enough. I think we would beat all of those teams over 2 legs now. We’ve come on a bit.  A bit more savvy if you like. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

We couldn't get anywhere near Slavia. 

Our race was run when we came up against those bastards mate. We were already burnt out. New season, with fresh legs, I can see us doing any of those teams. Bring it on. 

It's not going to easy to make the CL group stage as it's a step up in class. But it's a target we can meet. That's why we have strengthened again in this window. Fingers crossed we can make it. 

35 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Realistic take, I’m taking qualification as a bonus

But if we can avoid Salzburg and Slavia then I’m much more confident. Regardless, Malmö first. Can’t take anything for granted. They won’t be mugs even with their results so far.

13 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We are capable of beating Zagreb, Salzburg, Slavia or Olympiakos but all are capable of beating us.

Salzburg - lost their GK, one of their best CBs and their 3 BEST players. Tranisition period with half a new starting 11.

The Slavia tie is becoming a bigger myth as time goes by. It was even right up until our second red.

Free kick, McGregor howler, wonder strike is the 3 goals they scored against us. Goldson missed a free header in Prague and Kent nearly scored. Was very even and we were missing Tav, one of our best creative players.

We could have played all night at Ibrox and not scored, let’s be honest.

BridgeIsBlue likes this

43 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We could have played all night at Ibrox and not scored, let’s be honest.

The same could have been said vs the scum at home and we won that without a shot on target.

RFC55 likes this

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Doesn’t change the fact that we were awful against Slavia, never looked like scoring at all with 11 men or 10. 

All about opinions but from what I remember we were getting a foothold and were looking likely to score. The Roofe sending off fucked us and killed our momentum.

Bad Robot and berkshirebear like this

The Slavia game came at a really bad time for us last season tbh, I think we’d beat them over 2 legs maybe 6 or 7 times out of 10 tbh, also think Lundstram physicality in the middle of the park could make a massive difference. 

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The Slavia game came at a really bad time for us last season tbh, I think we’d beat them over 2 legs maybe 6 or 7 times out of 10 tbh, also think Lundstram physicality in the middle of the park could make a massive difference. 

I know its cliche but our players are going to be hell bent on beating them after last time. The way they acted after that game will be extra motivation. 

Get past malmo and see what we land. At that stage anyone will be hard to beat but think we can do it over 2 legs with fresh legs and the additions we've made. 

6superbarry6 likes this

17 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I wouldn’t mind another go at the wanks, think we’d be well fired up for it and give them a scheme kicking 

They would shit their selfs playing infront of a packed hostile as fuck Ibrox 

6superbarry6 and BlueKnight87 like this

46 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We missed Ryan Jack massively in both ties also, never mind Tav.

6superbarry6 likes this

If the stadiums are permitted to be even close to capacity by the Q4 games, the prospect becomes very different in these ties. I’d fancy us against any of those teams in that case. 

Angus1965 likes this

3 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Our race was run when we came up against those bastards mate. We were already burnt out. New season, with fresh legs, I can see us doing any of those teams. Bring it on. 

They beat us as they were better than us. No other reason.