*****Official 21/22 CL Qualifying Thread*****

Think the bevvy possibly had a baring on the first leg 😅 but we were second best in the return leg.

Though I agree with Rangers_No1 that it wasn't like we were outplayed comprehensively. They scored at a good time and managed the game well.

Slavia were reasonably good against us and deserved to go through, we were poor. Part of the reason we never got into any rhythm was their ability to fall down as if shot, then scream like a lassie. Folks every 30s disrupt any team 

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We couldn't get anywhere near Slavia. 

The players got a draw in Slavia a few days after being steaming for 2 days celebrating winning the league tbh and we had dropped off in form at that point. As much as I would be interested to see us right in the middle of our stride v those cunts, at the same time could do without scrapping with their racist cunt fans which would definitely happen if they came to ibrox.

Am I reading this right, those on the Champions Path who lose the 3rd round go into the Europa League Play Off, but those on the League Path go straight into the Europa League Groups? Why are they not the same?

I want Slavia, put them away and kill off the bs that is building up around the last tie with them. Rangers can beat this mob as they are not as good as some on here are stating and I hope they do this in the next tie.

real boydie9 likes this

There has always been a consensus on here that Slavia were the better team. I've never bought into that from what I saw over the two legs.

We drew with them in Slavia whilst hungover from celebrations. I still believe had Roofe not been sent off, we would have scored at least once taking it to ET. Once Roofe went off, we were done and only then were they in control.

I would love to draw them. It would be a game of sheer passion and hatred. UEFA's worst nightmare.

11 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Realistic take, I’m taking qualification as a bonus

But if we can avoid Salzburg and Slavia then I’m much more confident. Regardless, Malmö first. Can’t take anything for granted. They won’t be mugs even with their results so far.

My take is 56 and Group Stages as an absolute minimum and any cups are the bonus 

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

My take is 56 and Group Stages as an absolute minimum and any cups are the bonus 

That's the dream, would secure us financially and provide the basis for domination of Scottish football for the foreseeable future.

Would be huge for us and some legacy for Gerrard.

No easy teams at this stage in qualification but dont see any of the potential ties as unwinnable, could have been a lot worse.

Bad Robot likes this

4 hours ago, Broxi said:

Slavia had us well beat. It was not even at any point in the tie imo. 

Doesn’t mean it would happen again but I would rather Olympiakos or Zagreb, who I would fancy to beat

Wasn’t even at any point apart from after the first leg where it was even 

Rangers_no1 and Tiger Shaw like this

51 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

That's the dream, would secure us financially and provide the basis for domination of Scottish football for the foreseeable future.

Would be huge for us and some legacy for Gerrard.

No easy teams at this stage in qualification but dont see any of the potential ties as unwinnable, could have been a lot worse.

there’s a wee debate on fb at the minute where one guy is saying CL qualification is worth £60M with another saying £35M, you any ideas on its worth now the earls are out out

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

there’s a wee debate on fb at the minute where one guy is saying CL qualification is worth £60M with another saying £35M, you any ideas on its worth now the earls are out out

Said on Clyde SSB minimum 30 million so I took that as without gate receipts. 👍

Bad Robot likes this

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Probably somewhere in the middle mate, time you take gate money in, over 2m for a win now as well, its serious cash, would be massive for us to get in about that this season, win the league and have another bash next season, we'd leave them in our wake.

Bad Robot likes this

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

There has always been a consensus on here that Slavia were the better team. I've never bought into that from what I saw over the two legs.

We drew with them in Slavia whilst hungover from celebrations. I still believe had Roofe not been sent off, we would have scored at least once taking it to ET. Once Roofe went off, we were done and only then were they in control.

I would love to draw them. It would be a game of sheer passion and hatred. UEFA's worst nightmare.

I agree, we never applied ourselves in the home game especially, I got slaughtered on here at the time for saying we never turned up, folk saying we were well beat, maybe so but if we had met Slavia earlier in the season then i think we'd have performed alot better against them, we had already proven that against superior opposition imo, we never got close to some of the performance levels we had show in earlier games.

Bad Robot likes this

1 hour ago, TamCoopz said:

Wasn’t even at any point apart from after the first leg where it was even 

Drew 1-1 away but apparently Slavia had us 'well beat' and at no point was it even.

Also claimed most people believe that. 😅

First time I've read such garbage anywhere.

TamCoopz and real boydie9 like this

In Prague we were very lucky to come away with a draw, they totally dominated the 1st half, easily could have scored 3. 2nd half not so much, but over the first game, they were easily the better team.

That said, we did come away with a draw, and i then fancied us to go through. 

At Ibrox before the first red, it was tighter, but they were still playing better than we were, then once the red happened, well, you know the rest.

I'd rather we didn't draw them TBH,

BridgeIsBlue and JCDBigBear like this

17 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

In Prague we were very lucky to come away with a draw, they totally dominated the 1st half, easily could have scored 3. 2nd half not so much, but over the first game, they were easily the better team.

Would love to hear all these chances they had to have 'easily scored 3' considering they had 1 shot on target that was a world class effort outside the box for the goal.