*****Official 21/22 CL Qualifying Thread*****

18 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Again based on the perception the highest seeds advance, our Q4 opponents would be the following;

Salzburg, Zagreb, Slavia Prague or Olympiakos.

Would be ideal if one of the unseeded teams caused an upset in Q3 against one of latter 3 and we played a Malmo or Warsaw in Q4 instead.

I'm pretty confident we'll see off our Q3 opponents. Q4 will be very tough. We need to add to the midfield imo to improve our chances. 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tough draw for Midgytland tbh.

Frankly if we cannot beat Malmo or Helsinki then we don't deserve to be in CL. Gerrard will have us well prepared so I am quietly confident.

Can't believe people are saying we got the hardest draw, utterly clueless man, that was one of the best draws we could have asked for.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Again based on the perception the highest seeds advance, our Q4 opponents would be the following;

Salzburg, Zagreb, Slavia Prague or Olympiakos.

Would be ideal if one of the unseeded teams caused an upset in Q3 against one of latter 3 and we played a Malmo or Warsaw in Q4 instead.

Zagreb, Slavia, and Olympiakos we'd beat easy.

Salzburg,especially if Patson Daka is still there, will tear us.

23 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Slavia beat us comfortably.

we hung on for a draw over there and when they scored at Ibrox they cruised to victory.

we also had 2 men sent off a full team we would have beaten them imo

22 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

They played us off park first half in Prague.

We had a 10 minute spell in second half but that was about it.

The game at Ibrox once they scored they were comfortable   and we never looked like getting back in tie.

and yet it was 1-1 at that point 

30 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

ano bunch of surrender monkeys on here :lol:

It’s people being realistic FS! Folk talking about it being easy etc is nuts.

Be good to learn more about all this. Only 2 years ago Prishtina and Warsaw were in EL qualifiers with us now their here in the CL qualifiers. 

We’re probably stronger than any team in Q3. We probably need a little bit of luck in Q4, hopefully a surprise winner in Q3 to draw

graeme_4 and B1872 like this

I think that had we met the racists before Xmas we would have won both home and away. We saved our two worst European performances for them. Personally don't want to play that vile lot again but if the draw pits us against them then I am 70% certain that we go through.

CL is where we want to be so I see no point in bitching about the quality of the opposition. We have improved to the point where we have to play the best in Europe. As Gerrard would say 'just another challenge'.

As winning the league next season means an automatic group spot then these qualifiers may soon be a thing of the past. Let's hope so.

On 30/05/2021 at 19:43, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can't see it myself with the teams we could face in the play offs. 

The tarriers seem to have an easier route from what I've seen on Twitter funnily enough. 

They haven’t reached the play off round since AEK,and our squad will be improved on prior to these games,I need the music.

Slavia were a technically very good side, not sharp enough for Arsenal who made them chase but against us we could not win the ball off them, mainly due to them squealing like Ned Beattie in Deliverance any time some one went near them. They saw we liked to press, fell over and both refs fell for it hook line and sinker. We weren't playing well at the time either. Given a fair wind we would beat them, however we don't have a great record v Czech teams.

Amazing how we come up against teams from certain countries and generally do very well, others not so much. 

I get so confident playing Portuguese,  Belgian and Danish teams as our record is very good against them

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Be good to learn more about all this. Only 2 years ago Prishtina and Warsaw were in EL qualifiers with us now their here in the CL qualifiers. 

Prishtina won the league this season for the first time in 8 years, hence it's their first venture into CL qualifiers. They will go out in QP or Q1.

Warsaw regularly lose in CL qualifying and drop into EL qualifiers, although I'm sure the season we drew them they finished 2nd in the league the season prior.

23 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So if we win Q3 we’re into EL groups if we don’t win Q4? 

Some effort considering it took us 4 qualifiers just to get there. 

Yes.

Should we lose we drop into EL play-off round.

Prso's headband likes this

Slavia were clearly better than us imo. 

I think we would beat Zagreb and Olympiakos. Salzburg and Slavia would need to be a surprise result, which we’ve done a fair few of. Last game won’t matter for Slavia, while I do think they outplayed us, I don’t think they are so good we couldn’t beat them on another day with a bit of good form and luck, but it would be tough

With the number of rounds before Q4, I think our best chance is a few upsets knocking out other teams before we get there and/or a favourable draw.