*****Official 21/22 CL Qualifying Thread*****

An away draw and a home win is what most of us expect anyway,

I've never been a fan of the away goal rule, can almost have a negative effect. Not negative but make the football played more defensive, holding out for a draw when clearly football is about entertainment, scoring goals and being winners 

On 26/06/2021 at 09:53, HuistraHairDo said:

An away draw and a home win is what most of us expect anyway,

I've never been a fan of the away goal rule, can almost have a negative effect. Not negative but make the football played more defensive, holding out for a draw when clearly football is about entertainment, scoring goals and being winners 

I see it as the opposite. Encourages the away team to make it an open game by trying to get the away goal. I suspect a lot of teams will now come to Ibrox and sit in and it will be like all our home league games. 

2 hours ago, Brubear said:

I see it as the opposite. Encourages the away team to make it an open game by trying to get the away goal. I suspect a lot of teams will now come to Ibrox and sit in and it will be like all our home league games. 

Takes away home team fear factor of losing an away goal though 

dougie76 likes this

While it would be great to qualify for the group stages of the CL, both financially and reputationally.

I think we would be better served longer term dropping to the Europa League and picking up more coefficient points, as next year do the winners of the SPL (or whatever the fuck it's called by then) go straight into the group stages anyway because of our efforts over the last couple of years?

On 30/06/2021 at 18:10, mclovin9091 said:

While it would be great to qualify for the group stages of the CL, both financially and reputationally.

I think we would be better served longer term dropping to the Europa League and picking up more coefficient points, as next year do the winners of the SPL (or whatever the fuck it's called by then) go straight into the group stages anyway because of our efforts over the last couple of years?

If we want to maximise finance and coefficient points the best option is to make CL group and ensure 3rd place and then drop into Europa. The primary goal has to be CL for the finance and ability to attract/keep quality players. Once in the group last 16 would be a real stretch as we will be in pot 4 so targeting 3rd would be realistic. 

You get 4 co efficient points for qualifying for champions league 

SPWF likes this

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

You get 4 co efficient points for qualifying for champions league 

Format is changing this year though, you now get 4 bonus points for winning a EL group and 2 bonus points for finishing second. ECL it's 2 bonus points for the winner and 1 for the runner up.

Financially it's all about making the group stage of CL, but coefficient wise the EL would be better for us. 

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

The whole point of improving your coefficient is to make it easier to qualify for the champions league

I think we should bin next seasons auto champions league qualification and start in Q1 in the EL tbh 

The Specky Liar likes this

On 30/06/2021 at 13:10, mclovin9091 said:

3BCF73F9-F5A9-4C6A-877F-693D9EB2DEFA.gif

CR3 likes this

Mad Mclovin :django:

Hadron Collider likes this

55 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Midjtyland are 10/11 to qualify.

That was the other day tbh so with the pass pass move video now out, they may have drifted to 2/1

I do hope Midjtyland give the mhanks a right bleaching. Would be good to start the season as we mean to go on with a major timplosion on snyde :mutley:

RFC55 and MorelosRangers like this

On 29/06/2021 at 09:56, Brubear said:

I see it as the opposite. Encourages the away team to make it an open game by trying to get the away goal. I suspect a lot of teams will now come to Ibrox and sit in and it will be like all our home league games

Good we win all them 🤣

RFC55 and Brubear like this

Salzburg might not be as difficult as first thought should we advance to Q4 and draw them.

Sold their 3 best players in Daka, Mwepu and Szoboszlai.

Goalkeeper has been sold and one of their best CBs in Ramalho as well. Half their starting 11 gone.

BridgeIsBlue likes this

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Salzburg might not be as difficult as first thought should we advance to Q4 and draw them.

Sold their 3 best players in Daka, Mwepu and Szoboszlai.

Goalkeeper has been sold and one of their best CBs in Ramalho as well. Half their starting 11 gone.

When's the draw mate the 19th?