Judge starts 'same club' debate as experts argue over whether Rangers fans would support another team

Bad Robot

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

@Bad Robot

Please tell me this line was in the article, and you have not just added for comedy value:-

"Lord Tyre then questioned whether Mr Wynn had a grasp of the recent history involving the Old Firm and the fact that Celtic are now known as the peado club."

:lol:

I wouldn’t do such a thing 🤣🤣

9 hours ago, DeanMK said:

The "same club" debate is nothing more than abysmal tim patter that should've died about 8 years ago. 

No competent human being actually believes we are not the same club. 

We’re definitely a new club mate 

Anyone would think with the amount of sevcoing going on recently that we'd clinched 55 or something.

I was far from an insolvency expert or even remotely knowledgeable about the power and work of liquidators or administrators  in 2012,yet within a month i had figured out the procedure that was put in place to save the club itself. A successful CVA although the most desireable route is not the only one.

This pretty much sums it up from an article i came across recently.

"Is Rangers a new club?

No, because Sevco did not apply for new membership; rather, a transfer of the SFA membership that then belonged to the administrators of Rangers Football Club PLC.

To even try to make this case against Rangers legitimately, you would have to also refer to the likes of Fiorentina and Coventry, both of whom have also been liquidated, in much the same way. For whatever reason, Rangers often seems to stand alone in this regard.

Many influential figures and organisations within the game have also supported the idea that Rangers are still the same club. In December 2014, SPFL chairman Neil Doncaster said: “The decision, very clearly from the commission, was that the club is the same, the club continues, albeit it is owned by a new company, but the club is the same.”

Meanwhile, Green himself, who initially but briefly served as the club’s chief executive, said following the granting of SFA membership in 2012: “This is still Rangers and the next chapter of our history has the potential to be one of the greatest stories in the history of sport.”

Elsewhere, UEFA have stressed that its rules allow for ‘sporting continuity’ of a club’s records, even if their corporate structure changes in the way that Ranger’s did, for example. A quote from FIFA in its weekly magazine in May 2015, stating: “After their enforced relegation in 2012, Glasgow Rangers are in the hunt for promotion back to Scotland’s top flight” also seemed conclusive from one of the game’s highest governing bodies.

So, yes, there’s been newspaper adverts, name-calling and cheap-shot chanting, but ultimately Rangers are still the same club as ever – just one that was resuscitated after its heart briefly stopped beating."

In short transfer of our SFA membership secured the club. Which is why,although detesting Green completely,it cannot be denied that he did in effect help save The Rangers Football Club. Even if he did have to agree to outrageous penalties (some illegal) in order to do so.

On 03/06/2021 at 07:34, B1872 said:

We are this same club there is no debate FS!

FIFA, UEFA, ASA, SPFL, SFA and even in the court of law it’s been proved that the club continues as the same entity.

The whole thing just makes the taigs look utterly pathetic, every legit organization praises us for winning 55, and the taigs are like "no they're dead, its us you should be praising" :lol: or they bang on about their treble that no one cares about and they pretend they don't care about not getting 10 😅

its certainly not the way I'd want to win. Shows what a shit club they are they can't accept they'll always be second place behind us and so they resort to trying to convince people we're dead. Its utterly desperate, and reeking of jealousy.

I love every fucking minute of it 

6 hours ago, Willis said:

The whole thing just makes the taigs look utterly pathetic, every legit organization praises us for winning 55, and the taigs are like "no they're dead, its us you should be praising" :lol: or they bang on about their treble that no one cares about and they pretend they don't care about not getting 10 😅

its certainly not the way I'd want to win. Shows what a shit club they are they can't accept they'll always be second place behind us and so they resort to trying to convince people we're dead. Its utterly desperate, and reeking of jealousy.

I love every fucking minute of it 

They really dont pretend that to be fair. They dont even try to hide their hurt. It was everything to them, EVERYTHING.

23 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They really dont pretend that to be fair. They dont even try to hide their hurt. It was everything to them, EVERYTHING.

Nah mate I dunno how many times I've heard them shouting treble treble pretending it takes the 10iar pain away.

They're certainly hurting and it did mean everything to them, all this other nonsense is them trying to cover up their agony