Glenn Middleton next season

Did well on loan at St Johnstone and has taken that form into the Scotland under 21's.

What happens with him next season? Personally think there's a good chance he's Barisic's back up. Gerrard said he thinks he can play there and I think it would suit him in our system.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Really? Last time Gerrard was talking about him, was converting him to a left back.

Yeah, heard that as well but seems to be where he has been played in his more recent games at St Johnstone.

3 minutes ago, Clunge said:

Listening to the H and H podcast, he is believed to have been asked to play more centrally in an attacking midfield role.

St Johnstone play a front 3 similar to us. He's not getting near our team just now in those positions though.

Another game winning goal for Scotland U21's today. He has improved this season and Gerrard needs to have a long look at him in pre-season. Personally, I think he should make the squad of 18 and used as back up to Barisic and Kent.

If not, then we should sell him and let the boy get on with his career. A loan is just delaying things.

If Jones and Barker are out he should definitely be in the squad. I think given the opportunities they were given last season he could have done something. He is a talented kid but not getting any younger so this season is massive for him. Would like to see him used as an attacking player when we can.

Won't make it at us imo. Like him, but limited from what I've seen.

It's a bit like Michael o'halloran for me. Did well at st Johnstone where he has the space to use his pace and get in behind.

Like him, Middleton lacks a trick/the ability to go by a man and we often face teams putting ten behind the ball 

Would love to be wrong though

12 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Won't make it at us imo. Like him, but limited from what I've seen.

It's a bit like Michael o'halloran for me. Did well at st Johnstone where he has the space to use his pace and get in behind.

Like him, Middleton lacks a trick/the ability to go by a man and we often face teams putting ten behind the ball 

Would love to be wrong though

He's far better technically than Francis imo 

Glenn has scored 2 goals for the u-21’s both of which were from the penalty spot so you can hardly say “he’s hit form”

He also wasn’t a starter every week at St Johnstone so I don’t know where the idea that he’s good enough for another shot at in our first team comes from.

Earned the chance to have a good pre-season with the first team and see what happens.

I think he's he's decent player, saw enough technically in Gerrard's first season but I'm not convinced he'll make it here.

Don't think shoehorning him in at left back will work.