Glenn Middleton next season

20 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He can't tackle, would probably be targeted with long balls dropped on the top of him, but probably most importantly he doesn't want to play there.

Tav doesn’t want to play fullback either. I think Glen has the attributes to become an attacking fullback.

4 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

He will be given pre season to shine then a decision will be made. I see little point in another loan spell so I expect he either does enough to get a place in the squad or his agent is told to find him another club.

I think there's a few in that position, Kai Kennedy,  Rhys Breen, Lewis Mayo to name just a few.

4 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Tav doesn’t want to play fullback either. I think Glen has the attributes to become an attacking fullback.

Tav loves to attack, but has grown up playing RB and can defend. 

As far as I know Middleton has zero defensive experience. Just because we play with attacking full backs doesn’t mean a natural winger can just play that role.

7 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Actually think he's decent, good pace too. Unlikely to be a starter but better than Stewart or Barker.

Thats the problem for me. He's an OK player but couldn't hold down a place a few years ago and I don't see anything to suggest he could hold down a place now. The fact he would come back as a squad player shows he hasn't really kicked on. I agree he deserves pre-season and some of this season to see if he can have a role. He's a good enough player to be sold for a small fee to another SPL side or a lower league english side with a sell on fee if not. I don't see the point of another loan.  

If he wasn't one of our players out on loan then his performances weren't as good that we would be wanting to sign him. It's purely because we already have him. Looked good at times for us, Villareal and other games around that time, but was pretty one dimensional.

His best value to us now is as a makeweight in a bid for another player. However, that will probably have to be an English club as, to be honest, there are very, very few Scottish based players who would improve our team.

Stewart and Barker in same  situation.

I’d keep him as a squad player, he’s talented enough that if we let him go we’ll regret it in 2-3 years time. 

If he’s nowhere near getting minutes by day Xmas get him on loan again but in England, where a good 6 months means we get a fee...

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

His best value to us now is as a makeweight in a bid for another player. However, that will probably have to be an English club as, to be honest, there are very, very few Scottish based players who would improve our team.

Stewart and Barker in same  situation.

Tend to agree but a sparkling pre season could yet see him get a squad place. Well short of being a regular first pick but as an impact player off the bench ? Stewart and Barker can go. Neither has shown enough to suggest they have a future with us. They lack the quality we are looking for.