Bayern Munich at Ibrox

Was Bayern the first game that Souness played?

I remember being up at Brockville and Walter in the directors box at Love Street but I think Grahame was still in Italy at that point  ... not to mention of course the Friday night 3-0 Glasgow Cup romp against the soap dodgers  :rangers:

Souness.jpg

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Was Bayern the first game that Souness played?

I remember being up at Brockville and Walter in the directors box at Love Street but I think Grahame was still in Italy at that point  ... not to mention of course the Friday night 3-0 Glasgow Cup romp against the soap dodgers  :rangers:

Souness.jpg

I'm not sure if it was his first game , but it was one of the pre season friendlies at the start of the next season.  We lost 2-0 with Souness blaming the two full backs for the goals , so he then went out and signed Jimmy Nichol . 

The c....c game was the Glasgow Cup final which came at the end of the previous season.  I'm sure McCoist got a hat trick in a 3-2 win . 

Exactly mate

17 hours ago, gmcf said:

I'm not sure if it was his first game , but it was one of the pre season friendlies at the start of the next season.  We lost 2-0 with Souness blaming the two full backs for the goals , so he then went out and signed Jimmy Nichol . 

The c....c game was the Glasgow Cup final which came at the end of the previous season.  I'm sure McCoist got a hat trick in a 3-2 win .