Patterson/Tavernier

One is the club captain one is the future of Rangers Football Club.

Right back is an awkward position in terms of you’re not going to be making changes after 60 mins etc like a forward player.

Tavernier has achieved what he wanted to do for us but still a huge player but also had his ups and downs too.I could also see him playing in a midfield 3 if Gerrard wanted to use both players.

Patterson is also at the age and has the ability to be playing week in week out. He shouldn’t be wasted on the bench.

If we got a bid of £15m+ for Tavernier it would be hard to turn down given we have Patterson but also Tavernier deserves the shot at Champions League football.

What is everyone’s opinions as what should Gerrard do about this next season?

Tav plays a half. Patterson plays a half. Tav plays a third. Patterson plays 2 thirds. They both play 50 minutes and get subbed. They both play 90 minutes. Tav plays a half. Patterson plays a half. Tav plays a third. Patterson plays 2 thirds. They both play 50 minutes and get subbed. They both play 90 minutes. 

A huge decision for SG and management staff.

Is Tav able to play in midfield and bring more to the party than current midfield players?

Is anyone looking at Tav?

Patterson is definitely the future - could he go on loan for a season?

Can our system change to accommodate both?

I’ll put my trust in SG to sort this one out.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I could see Tav playing as one of the midfield 3, but I don’t think he’d have anywhere near the impact he does currently. 

Is Patterson good enough for us to change our whole formation ie 352 like Scotland to fit Robertson and Tierney in? We could have a field day with Tav as one of the centre backs who would be going forward at every opportunity 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

I really rate Patterson but that's a ridiculous claim to make after the season Tav has just had

I don't expect it to be a popular opinion but I truly think it. Tav was lights out from Aug - Christmas and tailed off a bit (still decent) before and after his injury.

They are both very good players. I really think this kid is the real deal. I really hope he gets the opportunity in the next two weeks against Europe's best so we can really judge him.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't expect it to be a popular opinion but I truly think it. Tav was lights out from Aug - Christmas and tailed off a bit (still decent) before and after his injury.

They are both very good players. I really think this kid is the real deal. I really hope he gets the opportunity in the next two weeks against Europe's best so we can really judge him.

Patterson will be on the bench, and Tav will start, and rightly so. 

Patterson can't just come in and play 60 games a season either, not unless you want him falling apart in a few years time. Besides Tavernier was arguably the best player in the league last year, Patterson's time will come and he will be sure to get opportunities this coming season.