Patterson/Tavernier

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’d probably go down this route. Hopefully champions league football next season so it would be nice to have the ability to rotate between 2 good players 

The rotating is a good idea, hopefully its a bit more even game wise though and not 8 games for tav and one for patterson though, patterson has the potential to net us an absolute fortune in the future, but he needs lots of game time now

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

People seem to forget the times when we were routinely embarrassed by the tarriers, or the two collapses under gerrard and the comments made by tav last season about pressure

Tav has been a great servant, but a legend is a massive leap, one league title in a season we didnt have any real competition (lets be honest, the tarriers were a bombscare from the CL qualifiers lol) doesnt mean legendary status

Captains us into the CL group stages and we win the league and possibly a cup next season then the debate has more merits maybe

Nobody has forgotten...It's brought up on here every time his name is mentioned.

The whole "one league title in a season we had no competition" is a lot of shite for me. It's tarrier talk. I agree he isn't legend material with some of the names but he also doesn't deserve to be underestimated for what he done last season, and numerous other season's with his numbers. 

Tav will have to stay as the first choice RB. But he’s shown form dips at certain times  over the last few seasons and we haven’t had any suitable replacements. 
Thankfully we have that now with Patterson and he should be able to come in when required to either rest Tav to prevent form dips due to burnout or injury. 
SG will manage them properly I’m sure. 

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

There are other players we can focus on cashing in on before replacing a club legend, league winning captain.

After trimming the fat in selling fringe players, you've the likes of hagi, kamara etc. That could be moved on and replaced.

Tav is at the max value we will be able to get for him now though considering his age.

Where we have a player at that stage and a youth academy graduate to adequately replace him it makes sense to do it. If we sell Kamara or Hagi, we have to go into the market for a replacement, and they still have the ability to go up another level this season.

Our business model is about maximising revenue from player trading, if we can do that the Ajax way of replacing first teamers with youth academy players then even better.

Tav going would be a huge loss, but as I said in my previous post we shouldn't be afraid to sell him. 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Tav is at the max value we will be able to get for him now though considering his age.

Where we have a player at that stage and a youth academy graduate to adequately replace him it makes sense to do it. If we sell Kamara or Hagi, we have to go into the market for a replacement, and they still have the ability to go up another level this season.

Our business model is about maximising revenue from player trading, if we can do that the Ajax way of replacing first teamers with youth academy players then even better.

Tav going would be a huge loss, but as I said in my previous post we shouldn't be afraid to sell him. 

I'd agree with that. I love Tav. Really big fan and have always stood up for him on here but if it makes business sense then we have to. Especially if we have a natural replacement and can then buy a replacement right back second string player cheap.

33 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Nobody has forgotten...It's brought up on here every time his name is mentioned.

The whole "one league title in a season we had no competition" is a lot of shite for me. It's tarrier talk. I agree he isn't legend material with some of the names but he also doesn't deserve to be underestimated for what he done last season, and numerous other season's with his numbers. 

He isn't underestimated, but he's nowhere near a legend when you think of the ones we have

And tbh the league season wasn't a competition, winning the title by march isnt a competition, we call out browns achievements at the tarriers cause they had no competition, so we cant throw that away when the tables are turned 

Is tav as good as some of the legends like others mentioned? Absolutely not. But as others have said, given the circumstances we were in, from getting pumped out of Europe by nobodies what 3 4 years ago to consistently reaching respectable levels in Europe and toppling celtic that to me cements his place as a club legend. Being a club legend is not just about how much you have achieved, it's about the importance of what you have achieved and this title is as significant as any in most living bears memories.

44 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

As far as I’m concerned every player who helped win 55 is a legend 

It was that important

Nah, they deserve massive applause etc, but legendary status should be kept to the minimum so aa to not dilute it, essentially you are putting guys like roofe, itten etc on the same mantle as the barca bears and the 9iar guys

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nah, they deserve massive applause etc, but legendary status should be kept to the minimum so aa to not dilute it, essentially you are putting guys like roofe, itten etc on the same mantle as the barca bears and the 9iar guys

Context is everything mate, it might be one title win on the face of it but it meant so much 

18 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Context is everything mate, it might be one title win on the face of it but it meant so much 

Of course it means so much, but the same could be said for the 74-75 season but i bet half of they players are unknowns to our support the now

Its just my opinion but to me legendary status should be as little people as possible so that it retains its uniqueness, the barca bears for example, our only euro trophy winning team, the 9iar players, achievements that will likely never be repeated (although given how fucking abysmal the tarriers are, we could go for 9 at least again 😂😂

Perhaps instead of legendary, the squad this season should have its own marker, the squad that completed the journey from bottom to the top

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Of course it means so much, but the same could be said for the 74-75 season but i bet half of they players are unknowns to our support the now

Its just my opinion but to me legendary status should be as little people as possible so that it retains its uniqueness, the barca bears for example, our only euro trophy winning team, the 9iar players, achievements that will likely never be repeated (although given how fucking abysmal the tarriers are, we could go for 9 at least again 😂😂

Perhaps instead of legendary, the squad this season should have its own marker, the squad that completed the journey from bottom to the top

Unbeaten in the league mate. Won it with pride and superb football. Invincibles and legends imo. What a season!  Fuck the rest! 

12 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I could see Tav playing as one of the midfield 3, but I don’t think he’d have anywhere near the impact he does currently. 

Tavernier and Patterson playing right midfield and right back, covering when one of them goes forward so the 2 of them own those positions and are in sync with each other and the right back position always has one of them in there covering.

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Tavernier and Patterson playing right midfield and right back, covering when one of them goes forward so the 2 of them own those positions and are in sync with each other and the right back position always has one of them in there covering.

I don't think that would work for us. We essentially don't play with a right mid as opposed to an inside forward. When you see what the likes of Aribo and Kent offer from those positions neither Patterson or Tav can offer that.

I don't like to praise an individual above the efforts of the team.
Our flair players have the freedom to express themselves.
Because of the work that the team puts in to cover their adventures up the park.
I'm sure management are looking at ways of giving the younger players their chance.
As there has to be a path towards the first team.
Buying in talent has its place, especially as we'll have to develop/sell one or more every season.
But I'd like to see more of our home-grown talent coming through.

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Was that the same team that won 4 consecutive trebles?? Agree its tarrier talk to deflect from their own problems

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If someone like Lee Wallace is regarded as a club legend then by fuck taverner certainly deserves that status