Rumour - Preseason Friendly with Liverpool

Ace

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Did we get a goal? Cant remember.. all I remember is us getting absolutely mauled. They were in their grey kits I think.

Family of four in front of me wanking at the sight of every Liverpool player who took a corner down at that end of the ground. 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm sure we played them pre-season Ally was in charge but I can't remember the score.

Beat them 1-0. McCulloch scored I think. Sure it was mid season for some reason.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was it mid-season? :lol: 

Assume cause we got knocked out Europe early doors? That rings a bell now because that was one of the reasons we arranged the Hamburg game.

I thought we were in the 2nd division at the time and it was during an international break :lol:

2011-2015 all sort of merges into one big blur for me

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Anfield was originally Everton's ground. There was a rent dispute with the owner so Everton moved to Goodison Park and John Houlding who owned the ground formed Liverpool to play there.

We've played Everton three times at Anfield in 1887, 1890 and 1892.

We've played Liverpool (I think) three times at Anfield. Twice in 1899 and once in 1924.

fantastic never knew that cheers

Just now, hawkfalcons said:

fantastic never knew that cheers

The very first game we had drawn Everton in the FA Cup and for some reason Everton forfeited the match (I can't remember why) but we played them anyway in a friendly instead :lol: 

Up until the 20s we used to play Everton quite a bit in friendlies both home and away. After that we kind of moved on to playing Arsenal regularly.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The very first game we had drawn Everton in the FA Cup and for some reason Everton forfeited the match (I can't remember why) but we played them anyway in a friendly instead :lol: 

Up until the 20s we used to play Everton quite a bit in friendlies both home and away. After that we kind of moved on to playing Arsenal regularly.

I remember going to Colin Jackson's friendly against everton for his testimonial in 1981 it finished 2-2