Academy players wished well

Raligt

2 minutes ago, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

What was his dad doing? I never heard anything this?

Spouting shite about Rangers covering up positive Covid tests (mainly surrounding Patterson) and claimed Academy players were caught at a house party last year where "drugs were found by police" which the club also covered up. This all come around the time Dickson was told he would be going out on loan and wouldnt be involved with the first-team.

That’s his dad? Any truth to any of the tweets? I wonder how the club found out it was him? 
Either way, imagine being that bitter that you’d jeopardise your sons career like that.

The club doesn’t actually have anywhere close to worst record of producing home grown players in UK. If you look at some of Scotland’s biggest transfers in terms of fee, Adam, McCormick, Hutton and Snodgrass were all at Rangers albeit Snodgrass was very young. Gilmore, Patterson and Fleck in current Scotland squad. A decent amount of former Rangers youths still making a living in football across lower leagues or in England, NI or US. 

1 minute ago, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

That’s his dad? Any truth to any of the tweets? I wonder how the club found out it was him? 
Either way, imagine being that bitter that you’d jeopardise your sons career like that.

Tweets are absolute pish. There were more that sorta narrowed it down a bit (plus postings made on other social media) game it away. He's as bitter as they come.

FWIW (and based on absolutely nothing tbh) I think his dad has deliberately worked his ticket and got him out after being approached by another club. Only time will tell if that's where he ends up.

Just now, The Dude said:

Tweets are absolute pish. There were more that sorta narrowed it down a bit (plus postings made on other social media) game it away. He's as bitter as they come.

FWIW (and based on absolutely nothing tbh) I think his dad has deliberately worked his ticket and got him out after being approached by another club. Only time will tell if that's where he ends up.

Yeah wouldn’t be a huge surprise. We’ve seen how well that’s worked out before though. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

NYC was complaining of home sickness was he not just as covid shut the world down, im sure there was a story that he had left last summer then he appeared back with us lol

I had him down as being off fairly quickly when he signed. Seemed to me he came up here as a way of getting round the Development fees down south and angling a decent move out of it. Surprised he stayed as long as he did tbh.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dapo was going before that.

His attitude was stinking.

Just seeing the posts about his recent stuff now. All I remember was when he was highly recommended by Mulholland.

Don't like seeing kids with so much potential in our youth setup just waste it away by having a shite attitude.

But I suppose for every 20 or so Dapos theres a Patterson or King.

53 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Young-Coombes has already had a rollercoaster of a career. Claims he was going to West Ham, Brentford and some other places then he just turned up for training again. Surprised we let him go if he’s that well regarded. Unless he didn’t want to be here 

After the past year or so with lockdowns I wouldn't be surprised if the kids that aren't from around here like him get very homesick.

He's still off to Brentford isn't he?

29 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

After the past year or so with lockdowns I wouldn't be surprised if the kids that aren't from around here like him get very homesick.

He's still off to Brentford isn't he?

Ah. You might be right. I was reading it as they’d all been released. Just seen an article about a small fee being agreed in February (£100k)

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

NYC was complaining of home sickness was he not just as covid shut the world down, im sure there was a story that he had left last summer then he appeared back with us lol

I remember something about that it's a shame he looked good when I seen him play though that wasn't too often. 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

He was training with McGregor n McLaughlin for a long while this season wasn't he? Can't see Gerrard bringing him into the first team fold if he didn't have something about him.

More a case of making up numbers than anything else. After McGregor, McLaughlin and Firth, the next two senior keepers were out on loan (McCrorie, Wright) 

I don’t know what goes on with some of the young players in terms of parents, agents, etc but you’d think they’d be switched on enough to know it’s best to keep your head down and just generally have an outstanding attitude and work rate, that’s what’s going to get you where you want to go.
There’s thousands of young players from all over the place who’d give anything to be part of a club like Rangers, that combined with the fact you have to actually be better than the likes of Goldson, Kamara or Morelos to get in the team, means there’s no way the club is going to suffer someone being a prick because they’re good at U18 level. 

12 minutes ago, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

I don’t know what goes on with some of the young players in terms of parents, agents, etc but you’d think they’d be switched on enough to know it’s best to keep your head down and just generally have an outstanding attitude and work rate, that’s what’s going to get you where you want to go.
There’s thousands of young players from all over the place who’d give anything to be part of a club like Rangers, that combined with the fact you have to actually be better than the likes of Goldson, Kamara or Morelos to get in the team, means there’s no way the club is going to suffer someone being a prick because they’re good at U18 level. 

A lot of them enjoy being a footballer more than playing football. Remember hearing Fleck was apparently out at the clubs from 16 telling people he played for Rangers. Sometimes takes a move to a small team and small city to get their heads right