Life Into Perspective

I am surprised that in Europes premier competition, that there wasn’t a protocol that included a portable screen to prevent it becoming a viewing spectacle. 
Its not the first time that there’s been a serious injury on the pitch.

Excellent news to here Erickson appears to be stable.

35 minutes ago, sandyboyblue said:

I am surprised that in Europes premier competition, that there wasn’t a protocol that included a portable screen to prevent it becoming a viewing spectacle. 

Sadly something like that isn’t predictable. As a spectator, and one out on the piss at the time, it really hit home. Delighted he appears to be ok. I remember when the teams were coming out I thought to myself “oh, Christian Eriksen is playing. He could run the game here”, and then within 45 minutes this happens. Mad.

1 hour ago, sandyboyblue said:

I doubt there is really much that you could really do in a situation like that. Would imagine that having stewards running onto the pitch with a tent would be the last thing on their minds. 

However, you would imagine that with his having medical's at some of the top hospitals in Europe over the years that they would manage to be able to pick up a heart murmur (guessing that was the reason behind it so obviously could be wrong) or whatever it was that caused a 29yr old professional athlete to have his heart stop during the first half of a game during one of his medicals.

Whatever it is, we should all just be grateful that he managed to pull through and should be a warning that all players are checked at the start/end of a season for everything they can look for that could lead to the likes of this happening. Last thing anyone wants is another Fabrice Muamba situation occurring again.  

The cameras should have cut off a long time before they did. The fact that it kept going back to him when he was getting cpr and then a shock from the defib was a disgrace. I'm not going to lie I was in tears and it was the hardest thing I've had to watch. 

It's great to hear he is stable and communicating but I very much doubt he'll go back to playing football again. 

The sobering fact is we should enjoy the life we have as it can change with the blink of eye. 

glad he's alright. well on the players guarding him from view and their captain comforting his wife. i'm the same age as him and definitely not as fit as him. if someone in such a fit state at age 29 can collapse like that then it can happen to anyone. if you have any concerns go get yourself checked out!

On 12/06/2021 at 18:24, Orange and Blue said:

Off Rangers topic unfortunately, during the Denmark v Finland game, watching Eriksen collapse like that and recieve CPR on the side of the pitch was shocking and puts Football and life into perspective. Hope he recovers and survives this incident. Sad times in football .

That was hard to watch and glad he is on mend