Copa America - 2021

Just now, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

Yeah an “America’s Cup” makes so much more sense, add the Caribbean as well. 8 South American with US, Mexico, Canada and Jamaica for example would be a much better tournament. 

I was reading about it there CONMEBOL (South America) only has ten member nations, CONCACAF (north & Central America and carribean) has 41 member nations.  Join up for the tournaments and have a similar tournament to the Euros. 

it’s the same with the Oceania, it only has 11 nations, they should join up with Asia. 

Just makes more sense to me.  

Just now, GOAT said:

I was reading about it there CONMEBOL (South America) only has ten member nations, CONCACAF (north & Central America and carribean) has 41 member nations.  Join up for the tournaments and have a similar tournament to the Euros. 

it’s the same with the Oceania, it only has 11 nations, they should join up with Asia. 

Yeah no idea why they don’t change it. Heard on talk sport a couple of weeks back that they’re are genuine moves to make the World Cup every 2 years, ridiculous in my opinion. 

I’m actually just reading about this now aswell, Brazil aren’t even the second most successful country in this tournament never mind first.  That’s mad man. 🤣

Uruguay have won it 15 times, Argentina 14 and Brazil 9.  

32 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Oceania were sort of with Asia for a while for World Cup quals until 1986.

It suits nations like New Zealand, Tahiti and New Caledonia to stay with Oceania now that Australia play in Asia as Oceania gets a spot at world youth tournaments and more of a chance of playing at the World Cup. Those teams would have no real chance these days qualifying for the World Cup if they played in Asia. Out of those teams only New Zealand would have a realistic chance of qualifying for the Asian Cup.

4 minutes ago, Lilac 3rd Kit said:

Was that the one where Ronaldinho made his debut? Came on and scored against Venezuela I think. Ronaldo was top scorer and Rivaldo in top form as well. 

Can't remember that exactly but I do think it was the tournament he debuted in, yeah.

Rivaldo and Ronaldo were great. I can't remember who it was with, maybe @G.E.C., but we were talking about the Argentina Colombia game from that tournament on here not long ago when Palermo missed three penalties.