Supporting

Johncalvin

17 minutes ago, jamess said:

In the past I would be really gutted by the result, but tonight i'm not bothered and only interested about the 2 Rangers players on the pitch.

Supported the team but never expected much. 1 goal in three games is poor. Imagine that was Rangers. This site would be in meltdown!

Anyhow, had a wee bet on  Mordic to score the third goal at 20-1.  Silver lining. 

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Supported the team but never expected much. 1 goal in three games is poor. Imagine that was Rangers. This site would be in meltdown!

Anyhow, had a wee bet on  Mordic to score the third goal at 20-1.  Silver lining. 

Aye Clarke is a football dinosaur. Long ball after long ball. I actually think a decent manager, coach could get a lot out of that team. Think of Rangers formation and style of play with those Scotland players for example.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The one thing I've always hated is the acceptance of Scotland fans. I think it comes from cunts who aren't used to winning anything like Motherwell, Aberdeen fans etc. We always use this statement about being "proud" but it's fucking nonsense....There is nothing to be proud of other than a draw with an overrated England team. Scotland have beat 2 teams in 10 games since qualifying in penalties. Serbia and Luxembourg. 

Fuck all to be proud of and the attitude of "just happy to be there is minging".

Exactly. We have no worse players than Wales or NI. Difference is in the coaching and tactics

5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aye Clarke is a football dinosaur. Long ball after long ball. I actually think a decent manager, coach could get a lot out of that team. Think of Rangers formation and style of play with those Scotland players for example.

They would need to be a lot fitter mate for a start.  

I could never say I don't support Scotland. I want them to win but I would describe myself as indifferent. I've not watched many of the matches. My issue is not with the team as such, more with the general direction of travel. By that I mean the SFA's attitude to towards Rangers and Rangers players going back 20 years and the drift/hijacking of the National team to be some sort of pseudo Republican Nationalist symbol to the extent the Rangers players are booed even when playing for the National team or opposition. Plus frankly I find the attitude of our National support quite backward. Perhaps it comes from supporting a Club side with a culture of winning. The Scottish attitude seems to be "amazing fans, turn up in ginger wigs and have a sing song but get pumped on the pitch, but we don't care so long as we might beat England". That has been holding us back on the park for years. I was pleased we qualified but our performances have been poor for me since then and I don't find our selections or tactics especially progressive. If we showed the same heart or desire against the Czechs that we showed against England we might not be out the tournament. We may be a smaller nation but other smaller nations such as Denmark / Wales / Belgium have had rewards on the park for years with an appropriate attitude and coaching. We should be raising out standards and be less focussed on having a sing song. The decline in our national game parallels the closed, inward looking attitude of many in the country. 

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

I could never say I don't support Scotland. I want them to win but I would describe myself as indifferent. I've not watched many of the matches. My issue is not with the team as such, more with the general direction of travel. By that I mean the SFA's attitude to towards Rangers and Rangers players going back 20 years and the drift/hijacking of the National team to be some sort of pseudo Republican Nationalist symbol to the extent the Rangers players are booed even when playing for the National team or opposition. Plus frankly I find the attitude of our National support quite backward. Perhaps it comes from supporting a Club side with a culture of winning. The Scottish attitude seems to be "amazing fans, turn up in ginger wigs and have a sing song but get pumped on the pitch, but we don't care so long as we might beat England". That has been holding us back on the park for years. I was pleased we qualified but our performances have been poor for me since then and I don't find our selections or tactics especially progressive. If we should the same heart or desire against the Czechs that we showed against England we might not be out the tournament. We may be a smaller nation but other smaller nations such as Wales / Belgium have had rewards on the park for years with an appropriate attitude and coaching. We should be raising out standards and be less focussed on having a sing song. The decline in our national game parallels the closed, inward looking attitude of many in the country. 

Not much to disagree with, although it is more than 20 years with the SFA acting like plums.

I watched 20 minutes last night. Shook my head and turned the TV over. Football to cut your wrists to.

12 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

His team that he currently plays with Patterson or even Forrest in place of O'Donnell would have made a huge difference alone. Ridiculous that the worst player in the squad is undroppable.

18 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Ridiculous argument.  Barisic was playing for the opposition so why shouldn’t he be booed.

😂

Come on mate, soon as his name was announced the full place was doing it and if they had been doing it for others (which I didn't hear) then I wonder why his were so much louder? 

7 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

😂

Come on mate, soon as his name was announced the full place was doing it and if they had been doing it for others (which I didn't hear) then I wonder why his were so much louder? 

Then the Croatian sub after his was even louder....

If you tell a lie long enough...

44 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

😂

They booed their entire team on the park and most of their touches for the first 5 minutes, they were a fag packet away from booing the anthem till they caught themselves.... home fans at sport often try and make it difficult for the away team 

The way I see it you support Austria if you’re Austrian, Australia if you’re Australian, Brazil if you’re Brazilian, Belgium if you’re Belgian, Bosnia if you’re Bosnian, Canada if you’re Canadian, Chile if you’re Chilean, Denmark if you’re Danish, England if you’re English, Ireland if you’re Irish, Japan if you’re Japanese, Korea if you’re Korean, Ivory Cost if you’re Ivorian, Scotland if you’re Scottish, Wales if you’re Welsh and so on.

31 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Humza will be falling over himself, surely? 

Humza was probably in amongst them singing it, the useless prick.

I support Scotland the team, not the fans so unless I see the Scottish team booing Rangers players I'll continue to support the team of my country. Now Scotland are out I will be supporting England, a British team. 

42 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

The way I see it you support Austria if you’re Austrian, Australia if you’re Australian, Brazil if you’re Brazilian, Belgium if you’re Belgian, Bosnia if you’re Bosnian, Canada if you’re Canadian, Chile if you’re Chilean, Denmark if you’re Danish, England if you’re English, Ireland if you’re Irish, Japan if you’re Japanese, Korea if you’re Korean, Ivory Cost if you’re Ivorian, Scotland if you’re Scottish, Wales if you’re Welsh and so on.

Korea is not a country.