Supporting

Johncalvin

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Don't take any pride in the fact I don't support my own national side but that's where I am at.

I don't think I've ever been more worked up about a game since Scotlans vs England in 96, was gutted when Gazza scored. But back then the Scotland side was full of Rangers players and attending games wasn't akin to attending a nationalist rally.

Like our public services and media, the national side has been hijacked as a vehicle to promote nationalism. Unionists are not welcome.

Most of the squad is celtic past, celtic present or celtic future. I don't like those players 50 weeks of the year, I can't switch my feeling on and off for 2 weeks of the summer.

The manager is an absolute cretin.

The double standards applied to Scotland fans compared to us is beyond belief, compare the response to:

Steve Clarke being called a "sad fenian b" to Southgate being called a "sad English b";

Scotland fans singing anti English songs to Rangers fans singing anti Irish songs;

Scotland fans ignroing covid and gathering in London, Rangers fans gathering in George sq;

Scotland fans trashing London, Rangers fans doing it at George sq;

Scotland fans fighting amongst themselves; Rangers fans fighting amongst themselves.

It is absolutely sickening.

Look at all the rampant celtic fans you know, how many of them ever watched Scotland before? They all supported Ireland now they're all over social media with Scotland flags and strips, that tells you all you need to know about the direction of travel....

This. 

before 2012 i had always supported Scotland but that changed.  Then, as you rightly point out the national team has been hijacked by Nationalists. 

It's a sad day that I barely flinched at full time yesterday but that's the sad reality of where Scotland is at as a country just now. 

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

Don't take any pride in the fact I don't support my own national side but that's where I am at.

I've never been more up for a game than  I was Scotland vs England in 96. I was gutted when Gazza scored. However, back then the Scotland side was full of Rangers players and attending games wasn't akin to attending a nationalist rally.

Like our public services and media, the national side has been hijacked as a vehicle to promote nationalism. Unionists are not welcome.

Most of the squad is Celtic past, Celtic present or Celtic future. I don't like those players 50 weeks of the year, I can't switch my feelings on and off for 2 weeks of the summer.

The double standards applied to Scotland fans compared to us is beyond belief, compare the response to:

Steve Clarke being called a "sad f3n1an b" to Southgate being called a "sad English b";

Scotland fans singing anti English songs, compared to Rangers fans singing anti Irish songs;

Scotland fans ignroing covid and gathering in London, compared to Rangers fans gathering in George sq;

Scotland fans trashing London, compared to Rangers fans doing it at George sq;

Scotland fans fighting amongst themselves; compared to Rangers fans fighting amongst themselves.

Look at all the rampant Celtic fans you know, how many of them ever watched Scotland before? They all supported Ireland. The last week they're all over social media with Scotland flags and strips, that tells you all you need to know about the direction of travel....

Any celtic fan I know supported Scotland. 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I'm guessing you're younger than 35 then...

That would still cover the 90's, 00's and 10's. Not saying they don't exist I'm sure there's plenty of tarriers like that.

But I doubt it's the majority, worked with plenty of older celtic fans who couldn't give a fuck if Ireland are playing too.

Changed days when the national team had its fair share of Rangers players in it. That was good enough for most bears to support Scotland, there was some form of connection (not just about where you were born) 
now it’s full of championship players and the odd Timaloy because all the best Scottish players aren’t really good enough to play for Rangers now (bar the odd one or two). 

Meaning we have lost that connection   

I’m watching the games but don’t feel that connected tbh   

11 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

It's not 'some fans'

The Tartan army hate us. Hate you. You carry on supporting Kieran Tierney, Callum McGregor etc with that lot though.

Imagine standing shoulder to shoulder with these cunts cheering on a team full of tarriers. 

Its fucking boggin. Fuck them.

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

I've never been more up for a game than  I was Scotland vs England in 96. I was gutted when Gazza scored. However, back then the Scotland side was full of Rangers players and attending games wasn't akin to attending a nationalist rally.

Most of the squad is celtic past, celtic present or celtic future. I don't like those players 50 weeks of the year, I can't switch my feelings on and off for 2 weeks of the summer.

Steve Clarke being called a "sad f3n1an b" to Southgate being called a "sad English b";

Scotland fans singing anti English songs, compared to Rangers fans singing anti Irish songs;

Scotland fans ignroing covid and gathering in London, compared to Rangers fans gathering in George sq;

Scotland fans trashing London, compared to Rangers fans doing it at George sq;

Scotland fans fighting amongst themselves; compared to Rangers fans fighting amongst themselves.

Look at all the rampant celtic fans you know, how many of them ever watched Scotland before? They all supported Ireland. The last week they're all over social media with Scotland flags and strips, that tells you all you need to know about the direction of travel....

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

Fuck the two of them.  Mon the Rangers. 

Something I love to hear. I only ever support 1 team and couldn't care less for international football.

Absolutely dismayed seeing fellow bears, bandsmen and loyalists flying the saltire etc.

Each to their own I guess but the way we are treated, not just as a club, supporter or anything else I genuinely don't know how anyone could wish the national team all 5he best let alone support them.

And see this pish it's our flag as much as theirs doesn't wash with me at all. 

5 hours ago, kanjo said:

This. 

before 2012 i had always supported Scotland but that changed.  Then, as you rightly point out the national team has been hijacked by Nationalists. 

It's a sad day that I barely flinched at full time yesterday but that's the sad reality of where Scotland is at as a country just now. 

Going way back to euro 96 when I was 19 I never supported Scotland, in fact nearly caused a riot in my grandparents pub up in Peterhead celebrating gazzas goal.

For me it's not a new thing and has always been this way

4 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

That would still cover the 90's, 00's and 10's. Not saying they don't exist I'm sure there's plenty of tarriers like that.

But I doubt it's the majority, worked with plenty of older celtic fans who couldn't give a fuck if Ireland are playing too.

Sorry pal but that's bollocks. 

Wait till the next time Scotland play Ireland at Hampden, I'd be willing to bet there's a hell of a lot of Glaswegian accents in the Ireland end. And also, I don't see many Saltires in amongst the filth support at the piggery (apart from green ones) I'm proud to be Scottish AND British, I'll never let a bunch of misguided fannies in cheap Tartan and Timberlands put me off my national team. Politics and football should not mix. 

2 hours ago, G13 said:

Wait till the next time Scotland play Ireland at Hampden, I'd be willing to bet there's a hell of a lot of Glaswegian accents in the Ireland end. And also, I don't see many Saltires in amongst the filth support at the piggery (apart from green ones) I'm proud to be Scottish AND British, I'll never let a bunch of misguided fannies in cheap Tartan and Timberlands put me off my national team. Politics and football should not mix. 

we have plenty who would slaughter the tims for supporting Ireland against our own country but somehow think it’s ok for others to support England against our own country.

Madness

8 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Although I still support my country at football, I agree with this 100 percent.

Imagine that wee Abdul was not Abdul but was Paddy. Paddy was racially abused, pushed into a pond, suffered sectarian abuse and was sucker punched from behind. We would have a whole movement in this country. But he's only Abdul, a Rangers fan so it goes unnoticed.

It’s worse than that he also clearly has learning difficulties and is clearly on the spectrum 

image wee Jay got thrown in a fountain and attacked from behind for being “That wee Fenian Republican cunt”

Would be weeks and weeks of meltdown and that wuman Nicola with the big cock would be all over it 

Never even watched the game on Friday, zero interest in it.

Not ashamed and not proud either for not supporting them. They do nothing for me so don't see why I should go out my way to watch them, years ago I would've but the nationalists have hijacked and politicised the tartan army. Throw in Rangers hater Jakey Clarke and the beggars who have latched onto the team because the celtic players and it has put me off.

Things would need to change dramatically for me to get interested again. 

9 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Never even watched the game on Friday, zero interest in it.

Not ashamed and not proud either for not supporting them. They do nothing for me so don't see why I should go out my way to watch them, years ago I would've but the nationalists have hijacked and politicised the tartan army. Throw in Rangers hater Jakey Clarke and the beggars who have latched onto the team because the celtic players and it has put me off.

Things would need to change dramatically for me to get interested again. 

It will never change I'm the short to mid term. In a way I'm happy with that until the day comes we get an apology for all the shit, we as a club and the supporters have been out thru. Until that day comes I genuinely couldn't give a fuck and will support any team playing against Scotland. Sad state of affairs??, Not in my eyes at all 

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

It will never change I'm the short to mid term. In a way I'm happy with that until the day comes we get an apology for all the shit, we as a club and the supporters have been out thru. Until that day comes I genuinely couldn't give a fuck and will support any team playing against Scotland. Sad state of affairs??, Not in my eyes at all 

You said a few posts above you never supported Scotland even as far back as 96. What happened in 2012 can hardly have made you cheer England against us in 1996. Your mind was made up long before we were fucked over

10 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

You said a few posts above you never supported Scotland even as far back as 96. What happened in 2012 can hardly have made you cheer England against us in 1996. Your mind was made up long before we were fucked over

That's exactly my point. Not supporting Scotland is a long term thing for me not a new fad from 2012 onwards. Personally it's also something I will never change as well

On 20/06/2021 at 23:53, rabc10000 said:

That's exactly my point. Not supporting Scotland is a long term thing for me not a new fad from 2012 onwards. Personally it's also something I will never change as well

Quite right Rab. They're treatment of Duncan Ferguson was unforgivable. Its been going on for years. Jealousy is a powerful weapon that's been used against us by many.