Normality?

21 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Read something say flu related deaths were 10 times that of Covid now? Can’t find where it was though. 

Easy enough to work out. This article states that in the UK in a bad flu year the flu kills around 30,000 people. 

https://www.health.org.uk/publications/long-reads/one-year-on-three-myths-about-COVID-19-that-the-data-proved-wrong

That works out on average 82 deaths per day. Right now the UK 7 day average for COVID-19 related deaths is 14 so not too far off a tenth. Only two weeks ago the 7 day average for deaths was 8 so if you read your article then it would have been spot on. 

On 23/06/2021 at 09:45, Prso's headband said:

More than likely tbh. Reporting has moved from deaths to cases because it’s a ridiculously high and inaccurate number. 

Deaths in Scotland yesterday were 4 and even at that I’d like to see if they died of Covid. 450 people a day in the UK die of Cancer according to Cancer Research. Obesity causes 30,000 deaths a year says the British Heart Foundation yet almost every available resource and £ has been put into this. The most vulnerable of society are vaccinated and will probably have a booster or two every year, just like the flu jab. Time to move on but we definitely won’t be, not a chance they concede the powers they gave themselves over us. 

The amount of money spunked on this pandemic, could have built gyms and free memberships and seriously subsidised the prices of fruit and veg and lean meats/fish and education on health and wellbeing. As usual, its big pharma is the key. You could argue at the time of the highest transmissions you wouldnt do the above, but why not now? Being fit and healthy and good diet seriously reduces your risk of death from covid. 

On 22/06/2021 at 17:17, East Enclosure Row N said:

Scotland to lift almost all restrictions by 9th August

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57570939

Will we see a return to a full ibrox? I personally doubt it. Will we need masks? Covid passports? Will singing and music be banned?

Your thoughts?

They are talking about a max 2,000 from 19th July so they are not going to move from that to 50k in 3 weeks. 

21 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

The amount of money spunked on this pandemic, could have built gyms and free memberships and seriously subsidised the prices of fruit and veg and lean meats/fish and education on health and wellbeing. As usual, its big pharma is the key. You could argue at the time of the highest transmissions you wouldnt do the above, but why not now? Being fit and healthy and good diet seriously reduces your risk of death from covid. 

Mate it seriously reduces your risk of death from a lot of things, i'm not into conspiracy's but a lot of societal problems could be sorted if the money we spent on the pandemic was reallocated elsewhere for a period, it would be a short term thing as well. Your main example of this is the massive mental health crisis in the country at the moment. Easy option is to dope someone up and treat the symptoms as it's cheaper, a long term fix is training more psychiatrists and sending people to them in the short term but in the long term it's more cost effective.

6 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Mate it seriously reduces your risk of death from a lot of things, i'm not into conspiracy's but a lot of societal problems could be sorted if the money we spent on the pandemic was reallocated elsewhere for a period, it would be a short term thing as well. Your main example of this is the massive mental health crisis in the country at the moment. Easy option is to dope someone up and treat the symptoms as it's cheaper, a long term fix is training more psychiatrists and sending people to them in the short term but in the long term it's more cost effective.

Cant disagree there mate

On 24/06/2021 at 15:13, Old No7. said:

1655476948_Screenshot_20210624-150744_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f572a99fb8ebf0417ff0428bbb806cf6.jpg

Full house for F1 the day before the anticipated easing of restrictions.

I think there will a marked difference between England and Scotland. EPL will probably have full houses in August while we are still at 10,000 max. 

29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If you need to be double jabbed they can fuck off

thats what required right now any sports event or proof of a negative test 48hrs before the event starts

younger people are going to find it to get in without taking a test.

i find it bullshit myself especially if i have stick that thing up my nose every couple of weeks

1 hour ago, dave7867 said:

thats what required right now any sports event or proof of a negative test 48hrs before the event starts

younger people are going to find it to get in without taking a test.

i find it bullshit myself especially if i have stick that thing up my nose every couple of weeks

It's strange, remember when this all started and the conspiracy theorists said it would end up with everyone needing a covid passport as such to literally get in anywhere, yet here we are some 16 months down the line and the first signs are slowly appearing that we do need or will need one.

Where does this all end.  Shocking that the youngest generation may well struggle to watch  games when it opens back up