Friendly v Thistle

24 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

I  see Keevins has spat the dummy out because no press are allowed in.  And he's actually pointing to Rangers as the reason! :lol:  It's fuck all to do with Rangers ya auld mess.  

That's categorically not true.

Just now, KaiserJon said:

No press at all? How so? 

Keevins in the paper.

But a football club wanting no publicity when it comes free of charge and offers the chance to market their brand to a wider audience?

You’d think someone had put the Jags up to it, wouldn’t you?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Rangers only want staff and players speaking to RTV. They are trying to charge media (including fan media) for access to pressers and matches at all levels, including womens.

It's an away fixture, what has the attendance of press got to do with Rangers?  Did the fact Thistle told any of the powers that be to do one on title day lay with Rangers too?

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

It's an away fixture, what has the attendance of press got to do with Rangers?  Did the fact Thistle told any of the powers that be to do one on title day lay with Rangers too?

Lots. Both sides need to agree on everything for games to go ahead, Thistle were told in no uncertain terms that Rangers didn't wan't external media given access.

Nope that one was nothing to do with Rangers.

Believe me or not, its up to you. Here's me posting on Tuesday that there would be no media allowed and quoting the same email Keevins has this morning:

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Lots. Both sides need to agree on everything for games to go ahead, Thistle were told in no uncertain terms that Rangers didn't wan't external media given access.

Fair do's if you have proof of Rangers dictating no press at an away fixture even  for access to the home team interviews.

Just now, Moody Blue Legend said:

Fair do's if you have proof of Rangers dictating no press at an away fixture even  for access to the home team interviews.

See the edit to my post. That is from the email sent out by Partick Thistle earlier this week to media outlets.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I am not bamming you up but your fall out with our media team may cloud your judgement. Btw is it game by game for passes or season approval? Genuinely interested.👍

Just now, KaiserJon said:

I am not bamming you up but your fall out with our media team may cloud your judgement. Btw is it game by game for passes or season approval? Genuinely interested.👍

How so? There's FAR more to this and there's been an ongoing dispute between the club and the Football Writers' Association for a while now over access. 

Season by season approval generally but that's not a guarantee to get into every game because of numbers - although there are always some game by game as well.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Believe me or not, its up to you. Here's me posting on Tuesday that there would be no media allowed and quoting the same email Keevins has this morning:

Thanks for that but to be pedantic, Keevins clearly aims this purely at Rangers, not Thistle and Rangers.  Almost like we bullied them into it.