Friendly v Thistle

On 04/07/2021 at 10:49, ayro said:

How much are they looking to charge for access to mainstream and how much to fan media?

£25k. So far, only H&H have paid. Heard from some photographers that there might not be any snappers at Ibrox this season as £25k is considerably more than what they make from the photos over the course of the season.

Just now, Dan Deacon said:

Press only have themselves to blame 

Outlets that have had no interaction with Rangers and don't report on Rangers only have themselves to blame for not being allowed into grounds they are usually in? You'll need to explain your logic there.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The way the club are threatening to withdraw from games with clubs for allowing media in is pretty pathetic.

It's an extreme measure and I feel for the fans media but the mainstream outlets have only got themselves to blame. For the last 10 years all they have done is tried to repeatedly put us down and tarnish the name of the club and support. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

£25k. So far, only H&H have paid. Heard from some photographers that there might not be any snappers at Ibrox this season as £25k is considerably more than what they make from the photos over the course of the season.

Ooft that’s a hefty amount, 500 quid a week  wonder how many MyGers points that will get you 😂

I take it your cheque is en route 😉

Just now, Bluekev said:

It's an extreme measure and I feel for the fans media but the mainstream outlets have only got themselves to blame. For the last 10 years all they have done is tried to repeatedly put us down and tarnish the name of the club and support. 

It's not just the mainstream outlets though. I know of fan media covering Clyde who have been refused access for the B team game at Broadwood.

Just now, The Dude said:

It's not just the mainstream outlets though. I know of fan media covering Clyde who have been refused access for the B team game at Broadwood.

That's why I said I feel for the fan media mate but I just think the club have had enough of the press spouting shite.

Just now, ayro said:

Ooft that’s a hefty amount, 500 quid a week  wonder how many MyGers points that will get you 😂

I take it your cheque is en route 😉

Haven't even discussed it with the boss tbh. I'd not be willing to take access at a club if it meant paying to get in the door to do my job.

Just now, Bluekev said:

That's why I said I feel for the fan media mate but I just think the club have had enough of the press spouting shite.

Any outlet is allowed in aslong as they pay the 25k. Even the ones who have continually spouted shite.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Any outlet is allowed in aslong as they pay the 25k. Even the ones who have continually spouted shite.

Well I suppose if someone is going to spout pish about us we might as well charge them for the privilege.

Monetising it is great. Media want to make money by reporting on us. Excellent decision.

Club already do monetise it. Arguably to a greater extent than they do by getting their 25k up front. The equivalent advertising costs they get each year are far in excess of that.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What about Vass? 

Whats the problem then?

Because that hasn't gone away. Clubs still want all their shit advertised AND want 25k on top of it before you're in the door. And if you happen to say something that the club doesn't like (say something like Rangers are looking at signing Bongani Zungu on loan) they can just decide to withdraw your access and keep your cash. No thanks.

2 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

What about Vass? 

Applies to him. Haven't spoken to him on it tbh so can't say how it affects him but a few of the agency guys (Getty/SNS etc) think it's just going to cost them more money than they make to do their job so will go elsewhere every week instead