Friendly v Thistle

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

£25k. So far, only H&H have paid. Heard from some photographers that there might not be any snappers at Ibrox this season as £25k is considerably more than what they make from the photos over the course of the season.

Much did H & H pay ?

:pipe:

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Get the whole angst with the press but guys like Willie Vass, Chris Jack etc shouldn’t be having to pay to get pictures/ access to training/games/pressers.

Jack has effectively been banned by the club along with the rest. He was refused any access to anybody within the club as part of his recent book about 55. 

He’s not allowed any access to games, players etc. Will likely end up costing him his job.

It’s an absolute shambles. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Another fixture today where the home club has been told that no external media should be given access or Rangers won't participate...

I wonder if we’ll do the same to the English press for Arsenal/Brighton. 

We’ll probably try it to start but given most of them are all fart & no jobby they’ll probably give in if they come under any pressure. 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Jack has effectively been banned by the club along with the rest. He was refused any access to anybody within the club as part of his recent book about 55. 

He’s not allowed any access to games, players etc. Will likely end up costing him his job.

It’s an absolute shambles. 

That’s Disgraceful.

As for Willie Vass, that’s beyond disgraceful and just absolutely disgusting.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

I wonder if we’ll do the same to the English press for Arsenal/Brighton. 

We’ll probably try it to start but given most of them are all fart & no jobby they’ll probably give in if they come under any pressure. 

They'll let the English guys in, they can't have the London press seeing how much of a shambles it is.

Rangers are a commodity.

The mainstream press (and the fan media in fairness) are all profiting from Rangers. The vast majority of the mainstream have done nothing but attack and undermine the club, the fans, and our unionist support. I’m fucking sick of it to be honest.

I don’t read any of the papers (print or online) anymore, and use forums and Rangers social media for my Rangers news. I’d ban the lot of them personally, wouldn’t even let them in if they paid the £25k. 

And without knowing the details, you’d imagine guys like Vass have made a fortune off the back of selling pictures of us? Why shouldn’t we be compensated for stuff like that. The club treat the fans as nothing more than a commercial outlet, don’t see why they wouldn’t with everyone else (particularly those who don’t have a kind word to say about us). 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9777985/amp/SPORTS-AGENDA-Tottenham-close-agreeing-stadium-naming-rights-deal-club-lose-key-player.html

Looks like the English media have jumped on it now too:

"Rangers appear to have let their first Scottish title in 10 years go to their heads,

In a worrying development, the Ibrox club are trying to charge newspapers £25,000 for one reporter and one photographer to attend matches and pre-match press conferences.

The tidy sum will also buy five exclusive interviews and a sit-down with manager Steven Gerrard. 

For £10,000, media get access and one exclusive. The response from major newspapers has been cool, but Rangers claim: ‘We are very pleased that we have received positive responses to our media partnership packages."

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9777985/amp/SPORTS-AGENDA-Tottenham-close-agreeing-stadium-naming-rights-deal-club-lose-key-player.html

Looks like the English media have jumped on it now too:

"Rangers appear to have let their first Scottish title in 10 years go to their heads,

In a worrying development, the Ibrox club are trying to charge newspapers £25,000 for one reporter and one photographer to attend matches and pre-match press conferences.

The tidy sum will also buy five exclusive interviews and a sit-down with manager Steven Gerrard. 

For £10,000, media get access and one exclusive. The response from major newspapers has been cool, but Rangers claim: ‘We are very pleased that we have received positive responses to our media partnership packages."

Good. As long as the club are pleased. 

On 10/07/2021 at 04:49, Bluekev said:

It's an extreme measure and I feel for the fans media but the mainstream outlets have only got themselves to blame. For the last 10 years all they have done is tried to repeatedly put us down and tarnish the name of the club and support. 

Is this only for our home games mate? The media can spout all the shite they want at our away games if this is the case. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Is this only for our home games mate? The media can spout all the shite they want at our away games if this is the case. 🤷‍♂️

@The Dude can you clear this up mate, you're more up to speed with this than the majority on here.

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Unsure, but I’m glad the club have taken a decisive stance towards the MSM press who for years have made a lot of money basically demonising the club and support in quite often ridiculous and literally ‘stories’.
Match this with the influence that Lawwell had with the press in Scotland who did and some still do bend over backwards to portray positivity in any adversity facing that club (and there is and has been a lot to choose from). Rangers are back at the top and sense a possible good run in Europe again.

If forcing outlets who (will still make money) to pay thus ensures fair and reflective reports are produced in fear of being banned and loosing their £25000 then that’s all good with me. To confirm, not looking for bias press just to be fair…

2 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Unsure, but I’m glad the club have taken a decisive stance towards the MSM press who for years have made a lot of money basically demonising the club and support in quite often ridiculous and literally ‘stories’.
Match this with the influence that Lawwell had with the press in Scotland who did and some still do bend over backwards to portray positivity in any adversity facing that club (and there is and has been a lot to choose from). Rangers are back at the top and sense a possible good run in Europe again.

If forcing outlets who (will still make money) to pay thus ensures fair and reflective reports are produced in fear of being banned and loosing their £25000 then that’s all good with me. To confirm, not looking for bias press just to be fair…

Forcing outlets to pay 25k won't make them fearful of being banned and it certainly won't change any editorial biases that might exist.

12 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

@The Dude can you clear this up mate, you're more up to speed with this than the majority on here.

It is. Only for home games but also includes B team and womens team access afaik. The 'spouting whatever they want' at away games line is exactly why this doesn't work. If papers want to take shots at us, they will. 25k or not.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It is. Only for home games but also includes B team and womens team access afaik. The 'spouting whatever they want' at away games line is exactly why this doesn't work. If papers want to take shots at us, they will. 25k or not.

At the same time though mate, the media in the past have made loads of money off of us by spouting shite through sales of newspapers. Imagine not wanting to report on the top team in the country.  

Just now, The Dude said:

Forcing outlets to pay 25k won't make them fearful of being banned and it certainly won't change any editorial biases that might exist.

I was of the belief that for access they had to pay the money and if they were blatantly being unfair (as per McLaughlin despite his many warnings) their access would be concluded with the money lost.
This may not/ almost certainly won’t change any personal held bias but in (business) money talks and boardrooms would not take kindly to ridiculous and biased editorial decisions (that’s what we’re talking about here) loosing them money and custom. I personally haven’t bought a newspaper for years and pick up all of team updated match reviews on fan media which I’m glad to say has been up till now more entertaining, informative and thankfully quite refreshingly subjective. All that I believe the majority of the support are looking for. Think we were all looking for the club to be pro-active with the media, looks like they are being so now, hope this may pave the way to a level playing field in factual sport reporting…