Friendly v Thistle

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

At the same time though mate, the media in the past have made loads of money off of us by spouting shite through sales of newspapers. Imagine not wanting to report on the top team in the country.  

Folk will still be more than capable of reporting on the club without paying 25k for access.

The big problem with this argument is foolk have been telling me for at least a decade that papers are dying, they can't simultaneoulsy be dying and also making loads of money off us.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Folk will still be more than capable of reporting on the club without paying 25k for access.

The big problem with this argument is foolk have been telling me for at least a decade that papers are dying, they can't simultaneoulsy be dying and also making loads of money off us.

Then I don’t see an issue with the club doing this.  

Just now, Robmc1 said:

I was of the belief that for access they had to pay the money and if they were blatantly being unfair (as per McLaughlin despite his many warnings) their access would be concluded with the money lost.
This may not/ almost certainly won’t change any personal held bias but in (business) money talks and boardrooms would not take kindly to ridiculous and biased editorial decisions (that’s what we’re talking about here) loosing them money and custom. I personally haven’t bought a newspaper for years and pick up all of team updated match reviews on fan media which I’m glad to say has been up till now more entertaining, informative and thankfully quite refreshingly subjective. All that I believe the majority of the support are looking for. Think we were all looking for the club to be pro-active with the media, looks like they are being so now, hope this may pave the way to a level playing field in factual sport reporting…

The club have withdrawn access from people from accurately reporting on stories in the last 12 months. As things stand, the only outlets currently not at odds with the club for one reason or another are Heart and Hand. Sky, STV, BBC, BT Sport, Sun, Clyde, Athletic have all had or are currently in David Graham's bad books.

Being proactive with the media is great - throwing your toys out the pram everytime there's something you don't like (and I don't mean stuff that is genuinely crossing the line)

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Then I don’t see an issue with the club doing this.  

It's potentiall costing Rangers money in the long run. Have literally just heard that Sky are particularly unhappy with it as they feel it could be a breach of their exclusive contract with the SPFL (which we are obliged to honour).

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's potentiall costing Rangers money in the long run. Have literally just heard that Sky are particularly unhappy with it as they feel it could be a breach of their exclusive contract with the SPFL (which we are obliged to honour).

I’m sure lawyers will already be on it. 👍

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Another wee bit on the Thistle friendly, had it confirmed that Partick were told they wouldn't be considered as a possible loan destination for players if they allowed media into firhill last week.

Good.

Well done Rangers 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I was joking man. 😅

Some people don't understand that online.

Some peoples comprehension skills are woeful. Should see Rab Marshall on FF people back him with a post and he then bites at them even though in the main they're being supportive :lol:

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The club have withdrawn access from people from accurately reporting on stories in the last 12 months. As things stand, the only outlets currently not at odds with the club for one reason or another are Heart and Hand. Sky, STV, BBC, BT Sport, Sun, Clyde, Athletic have all had or are currently in David Graham's bad books.

Being proactive with the media is great - throwing your toys out the pram everytime there's something you don't like (and I don't mean stuff that is genuinely crossing the line)

Accurate? Hold on a minute here it isn’t about that and you know it. How accurate was the players singing FTP? How accurate was anti-Catholic bigotry was rife in George square? How accurate was it that paramedics were attacked for wearing green uniforms and the clean up “operation” bill amounted to a hundred or so council workers on treble time for 24hrs straight? 

How accurate was it for Andy Walker to stand on SSN and say Rangers will NEED to know about the super league due to their perilous financial situation? 

How accurate is it that Keevins has lambasted Gerrard for saying he wants to defend the title with his life? “We don’t need that kind of language in Scottish football”. 

How accurate was it that Morelos wanted to cut the throats of 50,000 celtic fans or that Ryan Kent was wanting to load a rifle and shoot them? 

Aye accuracy that’s the issue eh

Football clubs are one of the only types of companies who can get positive feature stories into media without sponsoring content. The ad buy and market reach equivalents are literally in the millions. 

And we think we are some geniuses because we are throwing that all away for the sake of getting £25k per organisation?

If it wasn't so stupid it would be hilarious. Every in house PR person in the world will think we are a total laughing stock.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Accurate? Hold on a minute here it isn’t about that and you know it. How accurate was the players singing FTP? How accurate was anti-Catholic bigotry was rife in George square? How accurate was it that paramedics were attacked for wearing green uniforms and the clean up “operation” bill amounted to a hundred or so council workers on treble time for 24hrs straight? 

How accurate was it for Andy Walker to stand on SSN and say Rangers will NEED to know about the super league due to their perilous financial situation? 

How accurate is it that Keevins has lambasted Gerrard for saying he wants to defend the title with his life? “We don’t need that kind of language in Scottish football”. 

How accurate was it that Morelos wanted to cut the throats of 50,000 celtic fans or that Ryan Kent was wanting to load a rifle and shoot them? 

Aye accuracy that’s the issue eh

Correct. Reporting Bongani Zungu was in talks over a loan move to Rangers was accurate. Rangers withdrew access to a few people for reporting that one.

Accuracy isn't the issue here.

Just now, The Dude said:

Correct. Reporting Bongani Zungu was in talks over a loan move to Rangers was accurate. Rangers withdrew access to a few people for reporting that one.

Accuracy isn't the issue here.

Lol if you think everything I stated there is accurate you’re precisely part of the problem. 

Helmet

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Football clubs are one of the only types of companies who can get positive stories into media without sponsoring content. The ad buy and market reach equivalents are literally in the millions. 

And we think we are some geniuses because we are throwing that all away for the sake of getting £25k per organisation?

If it wasn't so stupid it would be hilarious. Every in house PR person in the world will think we are a total laughing stock.

Aye that's almost certainly gone now. But we might make a maximum of around 500k if we can sell full media access for the season. Although it looks likely hitting 100k will be a massive task.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Football clubs are one of the only types of companies who can get positive feature stories into media without sponsoring content. The ad buy and market reach equivalents are literally in the millions. 

Plus every club in the world think the local media is biased against their club. Not every one decides to ban everyone or charge them a ridiculous fee just to cover the team. 

Just now, the goal machine said:

Plus every club in the world think the local media is biased against their club. Not every one decides to ban everyone or charge them a ridiculous fee just to cover the team. 

I'm the first to admit that the media reporting of the club and its supporters is often very unfair, but to me its wood from the trees stuff compared to the downsides of not having it.

8 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Only club I know of who have tried it before was Newcastle and it lasted a matter of weeks. All it served to do was turn folk in the media even more against Ashley.

The fact the club are even blocking media access to B team away friendlies is utterly pathetic.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Hopefully this is another nail in the cunts coffins. Papers and their website are full of clickbait pish, filled with celtic / SNP minded arseholes and regular spout their unfiltered lies about Rangers and Unionists.