*****The Official Partick Thistle vs Champions Match Thread*****

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Hagi missed one away to Braga also....as someone else said it is a major problem that we have missed so many penalties by different takers

We should have half a day every week in training dedicated to taking penalties until we can regularly convert them!

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Based on competitive games he's missed 4 in his last 15.

In his last 7 penalties he has missed 2. 

but for some reason tonight's doesn't count in the stats? 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Based on competitive games he's missed 4 in his last 15.

In his last 7 penalties he has missed 2. 

Thing is he usually does like 12 in a row, then misses a few in a short space of time. It's wild how so many people forget that he goes straight back to scoring them.

Second half was fine and what you’d expect.

Still got Mcgregor, Patterson, Helander, Katic, Borna, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Lundstram, Kent, Morelos and Sakala  to return too.

Let’s be honest about first half team - Wright, Defoe and possibly Leon King are only players who will be in mix next season.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Still got Mcgregor, Patterson, Helander, Borna, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Lundstram, Kent, Morelos and Sakala  to return too.

Disgusted you left out Katic tbh.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Still got Mcgregor, Patterson, Helander, Borna, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Lundstram, Kent, Morelos and Sakala  to return too.

Actually crazy how strong a squad Gerrard has built compared to three years ago.

johanhentze likes this

10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You've openly admitted you're not Tav's biggest fan on here but come on to fuck mate 🤣

You are right, I'm not his biggest fan but I am not against him either. 7 or 8 penalties missed in your Rangers career is too many. There was a reason why he was taken off them in the first place so why is he on them again? Just because you are captain doesn't mean you have to take the responsibility of taking them. 

Anyway, it's pre-season stuff...

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You are right, I'm not his biggest fan but I am not against him either. 7 or 8 penalties missed in your Rangers career is too many. There was a reason why he was taken off them in the first place so why is he on them again? Just because you are captain doesn't mean you have to take the responsibility of taking them. 

Anyway, it's pre-season stuff...

Because everybody else missed them at a far worse rate. He's got an 80% conversion rate for penalties. But I suppose 50% is better if you only miss 3?

AlbertzLoyalRSC likes this

Typical fairly dull friendly but I’m sure it was a valuable work out for the squad. 

Only real takeaways for me are that we still have an issue with penalties and that Stephen Kelly deserves a few more opportunities in pre-season. 

Will be a step up in quality over the next couple of weeks culminating in the game v Arsenal. Hopefully get the internationalists back quickly and the new boys playing ASAP.