***Tranmere Rovers vs The Champions match thread (pre season)***

2 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I dont like it tbh singing  about a team not winning ten in a row is a meh for me, last season fair doos but to still be singing and making new songs about it is a no no for me. Let’s sing about 55 now not the scum not getting ten 

Saying that though once back in I’ll probably join in with the shite song 🤣

You sing about other countries winning world cups ya reprobate.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

Do you have this poster up in yer windae mate..? 

Screenshot_20210710_171106.jpg

No.

I don't care about it, not going to be pretend to be English to get one over my nationalist neighbours though. 

I have a Union Jack flying in my garden and Orange Lily's at the door, they know why.

1 hour ago, BearInTheToon said:

Lads, what is the craic with Sakala? I’ve not managed to keep up with all the news this past week. Where is he and when’s he expected to join up with the squad?

Really surprised that he wasn’t in from the start of pre-season. Unless he’s one of those SG was talking about re condition?

Passport/visa & isolation issues. Contract didn’t expire with other team until 30th June I think? If you’ve heard him speak he knows how big an opportunity this is for him so doubt he would arrive here out of shape.

Seen enough of the first half to know that we are slack as fuck, particularly in final third, but enough to know that we will be fine once its overcome.

Don’t know the benefit in starting JD in a game like this - should be Itten as his game time has been really limited since joining and we need to know if he is up to it or not.

Just do not know what Simpson brings to the table at all. He is so one footed and has no confidence when its come to ball at his feet. It’s always a look forward and then a swivel to Goldson. Agree with what others have said about the 5/6 that literally bring nothing.

On to the next one - hopefully the goals start to flow against Blackpool. I totally get what people say about pre-season only being about minutes but for me, more than that, it’s about really driving home the standards and hitting heights to carry in to the season. I’m not sure what benefit there will be mentally going into the opener after a poor pre-season in terms of results but getting a good level of fitness at the same time. Doubt can start to creep in and then we will be in bother. 

After last season I really expected us to come out the traps this year. We’ve bigger, tougher games coming up over the next couple of weeks so we need to step things up a bit.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

everyone got 45 minutes. What difference does it make if it is the first half or second?

Scored the other night in the second half playing with the stronger team so imo he should have started the day with the stronger team:hmmm: