***Tranmere Rovers vs The Champions match thread (pre season)***

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

You pretty much show your overreaction by stating that he’s unfit, you’re saying Kelly has more skill and vision based on this fact 

I commented based on the game at hand, after all, isn't that the purpose of a match day thread? I have no idea if Lundstram will be a success or not and neither does anyone else for that matter.

This time last year we beat Lyon and everyone was rightfully upbeat but dare criticize if we lose to a div 2 side and it is all about minutes in legs etc. You can't have it both ways.

Gerrard post match comments said it all.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I commented based on the game at hand, after all, isn't that the purpose of a match day thread? I have no idea if Lundstram will be a success or not and neither does anyone else for that matter.

This time last year we beat Lyon and everyone was rightfully upbeat but dare criticize if we lose to a div 2 side and it is all about minutes in legs etc. You can't have it both ways.

Gerrard post match comments said it all.

I get the criticise when we lose and the delight when we win in friendlies,  but you’re slating a guy that’s just joined after seeing him for very little time.

his post match comments suggest lundstram had a half decent game so maybe you’ve seen different ones from me 

3 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

I get the criticise when we lose and the delight when we win in friendlies,  but you’re slating a guy that’s just joined after seeing him for very little time.

his post match comments suggest lundstram had a half decent game so maybe you’ve seen different ones from me 

All I said was Kelly played better than Lundstram (which is true) and the sensitive wolves came out.

If others saw the game differently, then I have no problem with that whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

All I said was Kelly played better than Lundstram (which is true) and the sensitive wolves came out.

If others saw the game differently, then I have no problem with that whatsoever.

‘…far more skill and vision than lundstram ever will…’ 

Ok

It was a shit result and a shit performance regardless if its pre season on not.

You could see the gaffer wasnt happy after the game and im not surprised. There are some players who should be counting their blessings to be getting any opportunity to pull on the famous jersey and some of them looked like they couldnt be arsed. 

Jordan Jones was the worst offender. He genuinely looked like he wasnt interested at all. Complete waste of space and after his shenanigans you would think he would be busting his nut to make an impression. 

Overall its not the end of the world but we should really have enough quality to be steamrollering teams like this regardless of fitness levels. 

35 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought the two halves were evenly balanced in team selection.

Really? 

McGregor, Tavernier, Lundstram, Simpson, Goldson, Hagi, Defoe, Davis, Middleton, S. Wright, Roofe.

McGregor, Bassey, Edmundson, Itten, Kent, Mayo, Aribo, Kelly, Balogun, Jones, Barker

Thats the starting teams of either half, no chance they are balanced, first half has 7 outfield players who finished the season playing in the first team, 2nd half had 3, 4 at a push if you count balogun

Just now, bluenoz said:

Says the man who defended Itten playing shite because he only got to play with Aribo and Kent instead of playing the first half with Davis and Hagi. lol

That was me, and looking at they teams i stand by it lol, itten had to deal with the likes of barker and jones

6 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The thing with Itten he has a few decent sub appearances earns a start and is then awful, unless he can earn a then come in and play well he’s never getting that run of games given the competition we have up top. 

I agree. 

If he'd been bought as a starter. He might have been given a bit of a break and allowed that time to settle in...

That's not the case though and as a result it's very difficult for him to be picked over the likes of Morelos or roofe.