***Tranmere Rovers vs The Champions match thread (pre season)***

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, teddybear1975 said:

Too many fringe players played the safe option rather than trying to make something happen.

Agreed. You’d think these boys would want to try very very hard to impress.

Kelly is the stand out “fringe” player for me, a lot of his passing was positive I thought, whipping it out wide, trying to drive a few forward passes and then the safe options at the right time. I can’t see any other fringe players impressing me like he has. 

11 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mcgregor

Tav, Goldson, Helander, Borna

Jack, Davis, Kamara

Morelos, Kent.

that’s 10 certainties in our biggest games if everyone is fit.

The right hand side of front 3 is still the only starting position up for grabs.

Roofe’s in if he’s fit IMO. 

Problem is, Jack injuries, Kamara & Morelos could be offski and Goldson hasn’t signed a new deal. McGregor and Davis also getting on a bit. 

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Roofe’s in if he’s fit IMO. 

Problem is, Jack injuries, Kamara & Morelos could be offski and Goldson hasn’t signed a new deal. McGregor and Davis also getting on a bit. 

We need a quality midfielder and striker as I feel buffalo will go this time. Itten is not good enough to replace him.

50 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Itten is in no way good enough. Can talk about needing a run, and settling in and adjusting to Scotland - but at Rangers you either have ‘it’ or you don’t. And he doesn’t. Waste of money. 

Looks like a Hibs level player tbh genuinely thought he would come good after a settling in period but I’m not seeing any improvement in him

5 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Looks like a Hibs level player tbh genuinely thought he would come good after a settling in period but I’m not seeing any improvement in him

Aye Itten actually reminds me of a Kamberi type and similar level. Ironically they’re both Swiss an all.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Itten is in no way good enough. Can talk about needing a run, and settling in and adjusting to Scotland - but at Rangers you either have ‘it’ or you don’t. And he doesn’t. Waste of money. 

Did you say the same about barisic in his first year? 

They've all had plenty opportunity to get mins in the legs and impress. That's more important than results early preseason, but disappointing some seem to not grasp the need to show they deserve a place in the starting 11 or at worst, the squad.

Gerrard says those deserving will now get 60 mins next match, those not cutting it won't keep getting opportunities. Exactly what's needed. Some like Jones, Barker, Edmundson will do well to still be here in a few weeks time - no loss if moved on.

The one I do hope finds a place is Kelly, great prospect and seems very capable and up for the challenge.