Fashion Sakala

kelvd1873

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Thought they still had the appeals panel setup until they could get their finger out to sort it? No like it's been 7 months to sort out.....

Yeah they still have the appeals panel process as a stop gap. Tbf its not just down to the SFA they need to agree it with the Home Office.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Jack has a British passport.

Arfield has a British one and maybe a Canadian one.

I think its a requirement to play for a country (outwith the home nations) that you need to have a passport/national ID for that country. Can sometimes cause hold ups when players get called up for random countries (like roofe with jamaica)

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Jack has a British passport.

Arfield has a British one and maybe a Canadian one.

People like me very commonly hold both Canadian and British passports. Travelling to Europe use the British one. When returning to Canada use the Canadian one. Saves a lot of time at customs.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think its a requirement to play for a country (outwith the home nations) that you need to have a passport/national ID for that country. Can sometimes cause hold ups when players get called up for random countries (like roofe with jamaica)

ye he agreed to play for them but only home games lol

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah FIFA now take that as a 'proof' of nationality, but it never used to be the case (I don't know when it was brought in). It's possible that Arfield played for Canada before the requirement came in.

I actually know someone personally (long retired) who was a fully capped international, played in WC Quals and everything, and never held a passport for the nation they played for, although they were a citizen. 

I know as well that Pat Crerard used a ROI passport rather than a British one. Used to cause him all sorts of immigration issues apparently when travelling with Scotland.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Am I missing something?

Why would Brexit have an impact on us signing an African player?

Is there new regulations for EU and Non-EU players now or something?

We left the EU, Africa didn't. Of course it's going to have an impact.

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Am I missing something?

Why would Brexit have an impact on us signing an African player?

Is there new regulations for EU and Non-EU players now or something?

Nothing yet at the moment, but it may in the future.

SFA are still yet to finalise the rules for Scotland, but the FA have drastically changed the points accumulators and thresholds for all players that don't have a British passport.

If we played in England, at the moment Sakala would pass, but if we were signing Alfie in 2017 with the FA rules we wouldn't be able to sign him as I don't think he would have met the threshold for example.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

We left the EU, Africa didn't. Of course it's going to have an impact.

Im obviously being a total retard or this whole thread is a wind up that im not following!

Sakala was born in Zambia, which is outside the EU. He has spent 3 years in Belgium, so I expect he does not have EU citizenship.

Since Zambia was not in the EU, he would have required a work permit to move to Rangers even if we were still in the EU.

Why would Brexit result in us changing how we apply for work permits for Non-EU residents? This time last year, or the year before he would have been required to get one anyway!

I understand that things would change if we were looking to sign a player from the EU, as freedom of movement is no longer in operation, but this was never in place for folk from Zambia.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im obviously being a total retard or this whole thread is a wind up that im not following!

Sakala was born in Zambia, which is outside the EU. He has spent 3 years in Belgium, so I expect he does not have EU citizenship.

Since Zambia was not in the EU, he would have required a work permit to move to Rangers even if we were still in the EU.

Why would Brexit result in us changing how we apply for work permits for Non-EU residents? This time last year, or the year before he would have been required to get one anyway!

I understand that things would change if we were looking to sign a player from the EU, as freedom of movement is no longer in operation, but this was never in place for folk from Zambia.

You've lost me here pal?

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The English FA have tightened the rules for any non-UK player not just EU based. 

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Brexit means Brexit.

Say no to Sakala - British jobs for British folk.

:lol: 

You've kind of touched on why this is a serious problem for us and why I believe the SFA are looking at agreeing a more loose regime for Scotland.

For us and Celtic, buying more unknown guys in from smaller leagues like Morelos and flipping them is a huge part of the business model and how we can get ahead in Europe. If we adopt similar rules to the FA it's very unlikely we will be able to sign players from places like Finland unless they have played regularly for a top 50 international side while at the same time we will be competing with clubs in England with bigger pockets for a smaller pool of eligible players.

If we can't buy in talent we will be forced to go with the likes of your Shanklands etc rather than your Morelos'. But at the same time because rules are tightening and Scottish players don't need visas, its possible that English championship clubs will look at getting Scottish players in more too and in many cases we can’t compete with their wages either.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

The English FA have tightened the rules for any non-UK player not just EU based. 

This is getting even more confusing!

We are in Scotland though! Does the English FA give the Scottish FA work permits for cunts?

Im fucking lost. Has he no got a work permit, or has he went totally Mark Viduka and fucked off on a walkabout after signing for us?

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We are in Scotland though! Does the English FA give the Scottish FA work permits for cunts?

Im fucking lost. Has he no got a work permit, or has he went totally Mark Viduka and fucked off on a walkabout after signing for us?

No Home Office does, but they agree the rules separately with each individual home nation FA. 

I'm only speculating but as I said earlier in the thread if it was a work permit / visa issue I think Gerrard would have said that but he said passport.

It could be something as simple as he doesn't have 6 months left on his current one and they are waiting for a new one being processed by Zambian officials... who knows.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Zimbabwe are still in the EU. We are not. Zimbabwe still obey EU rules and regulations. We don't. Hence the delay. Do you understand?